Domain Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Pricing

I don't understand the domain pricing relative to .com, .net, etc. When purchased with a hosting plan the pricing is maxed at $20.00 retail, but when purchased alone, the retail pricing is maxed at $15.00 retail. It seems to me that is backwards. The retail pricing is supposed to be cheaper when purchased with a hosting account. Why would you charge someone more for buying a domain name with a hosting plan than for buying it separately? With this system is is possible to charge $20.00 for a domain name when purchased with hosting but only $15.00 when purchased alone. This doesn't seem correct to me. Buying a domain combined with hosting should give a discount, but you should be able to charge more for a standalone domain to recoup some profit when only selling a domain name.

The other thing I don't understand is when the .com and .net domain names increased in price at the registry, why the only change RSP made was to set the minimum retail price higher. They left the wholesale price the same. That means that we make more money and they don't. They ate the price increase and then gave us more money when selling those domains. It should be shared. I appreciate that the price didn't change but why did they give us more profit from a price increase? Doesn't make good business sense to me!

Comment

Good thoughts. I would really like to hear any comments on this since I totally agree with you. But there must be a reason for this.

Comment

Hello,

Actually the prices will be leveled at 20.00 USD max retail price on the promotional domains somewhere in the next couple of days.

We have covered the TLD increase on our own in order to help you stay competitive in this dog-eat-dog business.

I am glad that you appreciate it.

Comment

I think price should be lower when buying with hosting plan.

Orthohin

Comment

@Orthohin

1. That is the MAX retail price. You can sell them as little as 10.00 USD if you want.
            2. There is a Free domain offer with the package as well and a promotional price of 6.00 USD.

Comment

Working...
            X