Expired domains has ads to rsp which expose resellers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by index.html View Post
    I'm reactivating this very old post because it would seem nothing has been done to resolve RSP advertising their own competing hosting services on reseller's clients expired domains.

It happened again this morning to one of my long term clients who simply forgot to renew his domain and woke to see RSP's promo page on his domain with links advertising hosting at 'exclusivehosting[dot]net.' Fortunately, he contacted me to arrange the renewal straight away - before he had time to notice that this RSP's competing hosting promotional page was also promoting hosting at cheaper prices than my reseller store.

I think this is very poor policy from RSP by not promoting more, their reseller's sites for renewals.

I have read the explanations in this post suggesting that if a client lets their domain expire it automatically becomes the property of RSP as the domain registrar, so they can do with it as they please.

Well I'm sorry, but I disagree.

When a domain expires there is a 'Renewal Grace Period' which all registrar's provide, which reserves the domain for the client only, to renew.

During this redemption period 'no-one actually owns it' So why does RSP claim ownership of it and advertise on it when it is still reserved for the client?

As our registrar I think RSP should support their own reseller's more by displaying a renewal page solely promoting the reseller's services - rather than just a link in the top right hand corner of their own hosting promo page.

Once a domain is out of the client's ''Renewal Grace Period' and scheduled for release back to the market place - maybe then and only then should RSP use it to promote their own competing retail services.

Just my thoughts!

I strongly agree

Comment

I agree with wjleong and index here. We were all told something would be done. Four years and two months later? Nothing has been done about it. I understand the devs are focusing on the store master stuff right now, but come on, we were told this would be worked on soon. Soon came and went a couple of years ago, I would think! By the way, my question from 4 years ago on this thread was never answered either, so lol.

Comment

As of today we are rolling out the the new templates for the expired domains. I hope you like them

Comment

hi-is it possible to provide a url where we can see what a landing page looks like for an expired domain? thanks

Comment

We don't have any of our own and Privacy Policy forbids us disclosing our clients expired domains (or their domains to begin with). Just find an expired domain from your clients (if you have such) and you will see the new templates. And I certainly am not going to give any spoilers here he he after all this tread is long and a lot has been said. I just want the participants to look what we have managed to get together . And I certainly can't stop anyone from sharing their client's domains expired or not (wink wink).

Comment

Originally posted by tomtwo View Post
              hi-is it possible to provide a url where we can see what a landing page looks like for an expired domain? thanks
              Hi yav0r,

I would also like to see a sample of the new expired domain pages - but I too do not have any recently expired domains in my account to view.

If no one else has any examples to post here - would it be possible to post an image or link to an edited sample page which hides/removes the domain and resellers names for privacy etc, so we can all see the changes?

Thanks

Comment

Oh well, I guess you will have to wait till we muster some sort of a test page where you can enter the reseller username to see the template pre-selected for your store and see the output. I didn't want to spoil the fun out of it but since everything is connected via the internal api to your store where products prices etc are being pulled of it is personalized per store, that is why i was hoping you would have expired domains .

Comment

Ok so that went off the board since it will take a lot of time and is nothing we want to invest into. Here is something simpler: http://my-best-domain.net/template-test/preview/ . Enter a domain that is registered from ourselves. It does not have to be an expired domain but it must be registered from us. It will give you an idea what they look like. Waiting for feedback guys

Comment

hi-just to confirm-we are supposed to put in a customers domain that is registered with you in place of: my-best-domain.net? i did that with a few of my customers domains and it just goes to a 404 error page. thanks

Comment

Sorry the actual URL is http://my-best-domain.net/template-test/ you open this up (you will now see the box), enter the domain in the box and onwards you go.

Comment

thanks for taking the time to do this. nice job. much appreciated. thanks

Comment

That Yav Is a very fine job, well done! Many thanks for this!! Please extend our thanks as resellers to the developers!

Dam Yav yall own that domain? Kick Arse domain for a domain centric reseller site.
                          Last edited by doneritehosting; 1 week ago.

Comment

Thank you Yav, for going to the trouble of a test site so we can see the new expired domains renew page.

A great improvement and fully supports the reseller who's client held the domain - well done.

My only question is why is one of the promotional boxes at the bottom of the page is advertising "Electric Mountain Bikes'?

Comment

That was there before too we didn't remove it because we weren't 100% ready. You should not be seeing it any more though. Check again and let me know in any case.

Comment

Working...
                              X