CSS Background Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSS Background Images

I have created a new website for our company using PHP and HTML pages. I updated the CSS yesterday and uploaded all elements to the public folder and images folder. The problem I have is that the back ground images are not working. The image file is a .gif file - my thoughts are that the servers might not like this type of file?? But can't understand why this is not working
    regardless.

Thanks

If this was a genuine question and relevant to Reseller Panel customers then you would get lots of help via this forum. Instead of copying and pasting questions posted on another forums, which are total non-sense to be honest, hence your ban.

I have sites hosted with RSP which include CSS background images and have no issues with the file being served. If you cant get it to work on RSP then provide us with the source code, and we can check it for correct syntax.

Comment

Y kien cua ban chi se that hay qua
      Rat cam on y tuong cua ban
      Minh tin ban se thanh cong voi y tuong tuyet voi nay
      Best regards.

Comment

Chuc ban thanh cong, y tuong cua ban qua hay
        Cam on da chia se cho ban be, anh em va cong dong mang
        Tran trong

Comment

Originally posted by gvtheogioB View Post
          Y kien cua ban chi se that hay qua
          Rat cam on y tuong cua ban
          Minh tin ban se thanh cong voi y tuong tuyet voi nay
          Best regards.
          Sorry I dont speak Vietnamese, for others here that dont here is a Google translation.

Your comment expenses would be or through
          Many thanks for your ideas
          I believe you will be successful with this great idea

Comment

quickly ban the spammer above, hate the spammer that spoiled out our mood here.

miss Milen so much...

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
              quickly ban the spammer above, hate the spammer that spoiled out our mood here.

miss Milen so much...
              Done! On weekends there is a couple of hours from when Nick goes to bed and I get a chance to get online. If you see spam you should report it with the wee triangle icon. It sends us all the message and in my case I get it on my mobile phone and can respond to it quicker!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                Done! On weekends there is a couple of hours from when Nick goes to bed and I get a chance to get online. If you see spam you should report it with the wee triangle icon. It sends us all the message and in my case I get it on my mobile phone and can respond to it quicker!
                And I just quietly delete spam posts throughout the day as I get the chance to log on. I don't have the chance to be on line continuously since I have other things to do but I can be here at any time sometimes. All I really need is the power to ban as Clivejo has that I haven't received. I'll ask Yan when he gets through with the rack change that they are concentrating on. In the meantime between the two of us I think we are doing a pretty good job eliminating spam.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
                  In the meantime between the two of us I think we are doing a pretty good job eliminating spam.
                  At the risk of blowing my own trumpet, I agree! There has not been many spam posts slip by us and if they do, its not for very long and soon gets terminated!

Comment

I understand and appreciate your efforts in killing spam and keep this forum clean.

I really hate spammer and since Milen gone from here, here began flooded by spam post.

It lead to many good contributors rarely come back here.

And it also spoiled my mood. That's why I tried to suggest something the may help to kill the spammer ?

Comment

Any suggestion are appreciated believe me! The spammers are very clever and even with all the precautions in place they still manage to slip the odd post though.

I feel the exact same as you, I hate spammers! They ruined this forum once before and I’m determined they wont do it again! The only problem is no-one can be be here checking new posts 24/7. We all need sleep and have jobs etc.

Sometimes its hard to tell a spammer from a new member. Especially if they ask questions regarding web-hosting. On one hand I dont want to go banning a newbie who's only trying to learn (I was that newbie at one time) but yet I dont want to let a spammer spam the place either! They are so sneaky!

Comment

That's why I suggested to lock timing, like only allow to post new thread or reply post after 30 minutes etc.

And all newbie first few post must be approved by mod then only can go publicly.

These 2 methods are widely uses in many well known forums.

Comment

They are developing a new forum so maybe that feature will be there. My understanding is that it will have better anti-spam features.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                            That's why I suggested to lock timing, like only allow to post new thread or reply post after 30 minutes etc.

And all newbie first few post must be approved by mod then only can go publicly.

These 2 methods are widely uses in many well known forums.
                            The first method would probably not work as I notice that many spammers stay logged in for a considerable amount of time. sometimes days.

The second method? May work but would depend on the moderators.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
                              The first method would probably not work as I notice that many spammers stay logged in for a considerable amount of time. sometimes days.
                              Many of them register weeks in advance. They then post a seemingly innocent "Im a newbie" post or copy/paste content from other another forum. Without investigation they seem harmless questions which only raise alarm bells if out of context. A few days pass and they then launch a spam attack with lots of spam posts with lots of URL links.

These initial posts seem to act as markers, for example "brian gutbrod newbie" is one of the most searched on the forum!!

Its hard to strike a balance, on one hand you want an open forum where new members can get help, but on the other you need to block the spam and rubbish from the bots/spammers.

Comment

Working...
                              X