Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notification suggestion on expiring accounts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notification suggestion on expiring accounts.

It would be very helpful if RSP could notify us when a client's account or domain name is expiring. If we could receive a copy of the same e-mail that is sent to the account holders it would help immensely.

Several times this year accounts or domain names expired because my clients ignored the notices they received from RSP. Granted, it was their fault but they thought that the notice was either spam or that I would be the one notifying them. Just the other day a domain name had to be retrieved that had expired Nov. 9th and the client was unaware that the website was no longer visible. Had I been notified I would have taken care of it before that happened.

A notification of clients expiring accounts would be very helpful and may save sales that might be transferred somewhere else. That happened to me once when my contact at a company left and the person taking over switched designers because he didn't have my contact information. When they didn't receive notice as the email account of the former employee was no longer monitored they switched providers. I could have saved the account had I been more aware.

Yes, I know that the information is in our control panel, but I don't necessarily go there often to look at it. And sometimes after I do it slips my mind until it is too late. An email would be more of a constant reminder to check into the status and contact my client personally.

In the Resellers Panel, if you select the user/client. It brings up a window detailing that clients settings. Down at the bottom is Control Panel settings. If you find Email notifications and select reseller, this should send the emails to your email instead, which you can then modify (adding that personal touch) and send on to your client.

I was actually thinking the other day how useful a management plug-in for WP would be. I wonder can you query the user database via the API? So that you could allow your customers to login locally to your domain/site, then have the Control Panel auto log-in and load within an iframe on your site.
    Last edited by clivejo; 24-11-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      In the Resellers Panel, if you select the user/client. It brings up a window detailing that clients settings. Down at the bottom is Control Panel settings. If you find Email notifications and select reseller, this should send the emails to your email instead, which you can then modify (adding that personal touch) and send on to your client.

But this is an either/or situation. I don't want to turn off email notifications to the client, I just want to also be notified. It would be nice if you can add an additional email address for notification purposes whether it is the reseller or someone else.

Comment

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, your quite right its one or the other. I personally dont like the generic emails that go out, so I dont mind not having this functionality!

Maybe Yan will pick this up and offer some advice.

Comment

It happened to me again yesterday. My client called to tell me his website was down. Upon checking it I discovered it expired Dec 3rd. The domain name does not expire for several more months so I missed discovering the expiration date on the hosting account. I still think it would be advisable for the reseller to receive an email informing them that an account is about to expire. In this case I could have contacted the client and avoided any downtime. Can it be that hard to implement?

Comment

at the moment I think what you can do beside requesting RSP to implement this feature is to check and validate all your clients account validity and set into your phone or computer calendar and don't forget to set alarm a week or two earlier, so that you have sufficient time to remind them to renew their plans.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
              at the moment I think what you can do beside requesting RSP to implement this feature is to check and validate all your clients account validity and set into your phone or computer calendar and don't forget to set alarm a week or two earlier, so that you have sufficient time to remind them to renew their plans.
              Yeah, that would do it except that I forget. Would you believe it happened again to me today? One of my clients e-mailed me and asked what he could do as his website is unavailable. I replied, send me the money and I'll take care of it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
                Yeah, that would do it except that I forget. Would you believe it happened again to me today? One of my clients e-mailed me and asked what he could do as his website is unavailable. I replied, send me the money and I'll take care of it for you.

Hahaha~~ Straight to the point

Comment

Sometimes you got to be! Otherwise you wont get paid, I think friends and family are the worst

Comment

Working...
                  X