Custom Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Plans

Hmm I was going to recreate the starter through enterprise plans to be able to have custom names for the plans i offer and find that is impossible because the wholesale price is too high and all the features of the enterprise plan cannot be recreated. Any chance of getting this revamped to reflect current features and wholesale pricing when there is spare time at rsp? It would be another way to show our brand instead of all resellers showing the same named plans. I think this topic was brought up some years back but I'd like some fresh input from rsp on their opinion of this.

Your right this has been discussed in the past. I too would like to be able to change the plan names. I don't know what the difficulties this would cause but there must be a way to do this.

Comment

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but can't you change the Plan names in the Resellers Panel? I renamed mine to Advanced(Business) and Professional(Enterprise) and it carries through to my site via the plug-in. Is this what your talking about?

My Offers > Shared Hosting > Shared Hosting Offers then click on the plan name. A pop-up window is displayed and click on rename on the bottom left.

But dont include the plan or package as that is appended by the plugin! I renamed the Starter one to Beginners Plan, which then became Beginners Plan Plan when displayed on the website!
      Last edited by clivejo; 25-11-2012, 05:18 PM.

Comment

With the introduction of the new control panel you can now rename the default plans indeed!

Comment

I stand corrected. This is a new feature that I was not aware of. Good that it was brought up so ignorant people like me can be informed. This truly is a nice feature.

Update: I kept trying to find this feature and couldn't. Then I went to version 3 of the control panel and found it. I wasn't aware of it since I always used version 2.
          Last edited by vlasi47gr; 26-11-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
            Update: I kept trying to find this feature and couldn't. Then I went to version 3 of the control panel and found it. I wasn't aware of it since I always used version 2.
            That would explain why you couldnt find it!

Comment

very nice indeed vlas i wasnt aware of it either thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but can't you change the Plan names in the Resellers Panel? I renamed mine to Advanced(Business) and Professional(Enterprise) and it carries through to my site via the plug-in. Is this what your talking about?

My Offers > Shared Hosting > Shared Hosting Offers then click on the plan name. A pop-up window is displayed and click on rename on the bottom left.

But dont include the plan or package as that is appended by the plugin! I renamed the Starter one to Beginners Plan, which then became Beginners Plan Plan when displayed on the website!

Hi clivejo,

1/ So do the new plan names follow through to all aspects of the system? [orders/invoices /renewal notices etc]

2/ And what about existing clients who previously purchased a Starter Plan - from you, does it change on all their future documentation to Beginners Plan in your case for example?

Thanks for sharing,

Comment

Its seems to follow through to old and new customers. If you have a number of customers already it might be advisable to write to them in advance and explain their package name will be changing to avoid any confusion and explain the upgrade structure. ie plan 1 > plan 2 > plan 3 etc

Its definitely on the order form, I’m not sure about invoices and renewals
                  Last edited by clivejo; 27-11-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Its seems to follow through to old and new customers. If you have a number of customers already it might be advisable to write to them in advance and explain their package name will be changing to avoid any confusion and explain the upgrade structure. ie plan 1 > plan 2 > plan 3 etc

Its definitely on the order form, I’m not sure about invoices and renewals
                    Thanks for your reply clivejo.

1/ I just wondered if in your client list it now listed everyone who previously had a Starter Plan - as now having a Beginners Plan? That would probably answer the question. But maybe RSP can chip in on this one.

2/ And yes emailing such a change to clients would be advisable, but not easy when you do not have a client mailing feature in our store admin area. Emails have to be collected and updated manually from each account to have a client email list. And as account numbers grow it becomes more time consuming to maintain.

Thanks again,

Comment

Yup index you just hit my next thread topic dead on the head for rsp. will there be a way to email clients in version 3 reseller control panel with active accounts about service changes and updates even being able to export the addresses to a txt file would be helpful

Comment

It seems to use the old plan names for existing customers and the new plans for new ones. However, logging into a client account shows the new name to old customers.

Yes, collecting and managing the emails would be a big job. I was wondering about writing a management plug-in that would store client details on a WP site in the database, to allow resellers to manage clients directly from their site.

Comment

We are not planning a mass mailing feature at this point. Mail servers are getting balcklisted as they are. One more "notification" or such will cause a serious mail server overload and blacklist for sure.

That has come up as a "feature" suggestion many times during the years and never been liked from the management. I don't see that ever going through at this point at all.

Comment

Yan, do you know of any way to retrieve a customers details via the API?

Comment

Yan, do you know of any way to retrieve a customers details via the API?
                              Yes, if there was a way to download the email addresses - that would be enough.

I can then import them into mailchimp which I use for all newsletters - so as not to affect RSP servers.

Comment

Working...
                              X