Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain whois verification emails from domains@propersupport.com

Hi,

I would suggest RP to consider putting reseller's store name as sender's name for emails sent out to domain owners to verify their whois details. Since there are so many fake spam messages circulating around to con domain owners, clients too are getting more careful with the emails that they received. As far as clients are concerned, they do not know who their domain registrar are ie. liquidnet. They only knew the name of the resellers store from which they purchased their domain.

There is an occurence of which my client's domain was suspended due to failure to verify the whois detail in time. My client do not know that emails coming from domains@propersupport.com or from liquidnet are legitimate.

I second that!!!

Comment

Its also thirded.....

Comment

Yep - great idea.

Comment

And I fourth....FIFTH it! ALMOST missed index's post, LOL!

Comment

Another solution (which I know wont suit some resellers here) would be to email the reseller directly, so that they can inform their customer. Sometimes resellers have a relationship with customers which requires that personal touch and generic templates just dont help in these situations.

Personally I would like to see branded emails, but also the ability to modify the content of the emails. How about an email queue for each reseller? Give the reseller say 24-48hrs to modify the email being sent via a special area in the RSP CP, otherwise, the email gets sent automatically. This way the reseller has the choice to change them, or just let the automated system do its job. This way resellers can be as hands on or hands off as they feel comfortable with.

Comment

That also would be a great solution clivejo.. personalized email from the reseller would look even better.

Comment

Hello,

I just talked to the people in charge and they will check if it will be possible to brand the emails the same way that the Welcome emails are branded. Our main concern is if this is something that is allowed by ICANN or if our registrar name must be there, so if it is legally possible, it should be done soon.

Clivejo's idea cannot be implemented though, as we cannot be sure what content some resellers might add or remove. For instance, there is no guarantee that a reseller with bad intentions will not add their own payment link or will somehow trick the customer. While I am sure this wouldn't be the case with you guys i.e. ac tive forum members, we cannot really know what other people may decide to do.

Best Regards,
                Tim Smith

Comment

Understandable Tim and thanks for checking into this so quickly. Give us a update when you get some news please

Comment

Tim, any update on the proposal?

Comment

Hello,

Still waiting for some small things, but I should be able to give you an update in the coming couple of days.

Best Regards,
                      Tim Smith

Comment

Hello,

We got the green light for that, so we will make some changes to the emails next week.

Best Regards,
                        Tim Smith

Comment

Right on Tim Thanks for the Update!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Hello,

It's been a while, but we were doing quite a few things here, so my apologies for the delay Starting today, the ICANN email verification emails will have the store brand in the subject and in the body. In addition, we have also modified the WHOIS data accuracy emails that are sent once a year and the incoming and outgoing transfer approval emails - they all contain the store brand now. I have encountered some cases where customers ask if these emails are legit, so from now on they will associate them with the store where they have ordered.

Best Regards,
                              Tim Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X