Free Sample Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Sample Plan

Ok clivejo has brought this up in a thread recently and I am pretty sure this has been brought up in random threads as far back as 2005. Why cant we as free resellers have at least a free sample plan (IE limited by time, 30 days, 60 days) so clients can experience the full hosting enviroment? Come on http://www.freehostia.com/ owned by liquid net giving out free hosting plans. same control panel, even the same order form just accounts are hosted on peer 1 california with some extra eye candy? Alexa rank 10,000? We as resellers are just asking for a little marketing help... Monthly billing was not cost efficient and understandable and we didnt get it. How bout thinking outside the box and give us a solution that is already in place. That as I am saying can make me as a reseller more money and also from marketing prowness as the provider of services make YOU more money... I mean this is not a hate post... No monthly billing to compete with the market, no quarterly billing to compete with the market, not even semi annual. RSP I been here since 2004 just because from personal hosting experience I believe your hosting services are top notch and you have went above and beyond to make my personal and reseller sites happen. Just forward this post to the proper department for proper consideration.

Thank You and I hope I am not banned
    doneritehosting

I too am interested in having a free sample plan (as per previous threads).

Id like to explain my reasoning. Years ago when free web-hosting was all the rage I had numerous free hosting accounts with different hosts. Now to be fair most were totally rubbish (You get what you pay for right!) But one of them stood out from the rest as being stable and offered excellent customer support. On that bases of trust I upgraded to paid hosting. As time went on I noticed that this web host were a reseller for RSP and I then opened a free resellers account with RSP. That was in 2004 and I'm still here! That says something in the world of web hosting.

I would like to use this same business model with RSP. I know there are other companies in the market who offer this and are in direct competition with RSP, I wont name names! But I trust RSP, I want to stay here and build a solid business.

My business plan is a bit different than doneritehostings. I would like to offer a free limited plan, based around 'my-special-domain' with free accounts set-up as sub-domains ie clivejo.myspecialdomain.com. I can do this already using an 'Enterprise Plan' and manually configure each account. But this has one MAJOR disadvantage! If a customer decides to upgrade, I have to manually move everything (email accounts, webpages, databases) which is pure ******* and to be honest is not the worth small profit I would make on upgrading to paid hosting!! But if I had a free sample plan, that could be upgraded with a click of a button to paid hosting, I could really boost sales and remain competitive with RSP.

I know there is a way of doing this, because the reseller I used to be with was doing it on RSP! Also the reseller doneritehosting mentions above is also doing it and using the RSP order form! Please, please, please, have a look into this. A successful reseller = successful RSP

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      I too am interested in having a free sample plan (as per previous threads).

Id like to explain my reasoning. Years ago when free web-hosting was all the rage I had numerous free hosting accounts with different hosts. Now to be fair most were totally rubbish (You get what you pay for right!) But one of them stood out from the rest as being stable and offered excellent customer support. On that bases of trust I upgraded to paid hosting. As time went on I noticed that this web host were a reseller for RSP and I then opened a free resellers account with RSP. That was in 2004 and I'm still here! That says something in the world of web hosting.

I would like to use this same business model with RSP. I know there are other companies in the market who offer this and are in direct competition with RSP, I wont name names! But I trust RSP, I want to stay here and build a solid business.

My business plan is a bit different than doneritehostings. I would like to offer a free limited plan, based around 'my-special-domain' with free accounts set-up as sub-domains ie clivejo.myspecialdomain.com. I can do this already using an 'Enterprise Plan' and manually configure each account. But this has one MAJOR disadvantage! If a customer decides to upgrade, I have to manually move everything (email accounts, webpages, databases) which is pure ******* and to be honest is not the worth small profit I would make on upgrading to paid hosting!! But if I had a free sample plan, that could be upgraded with a click of a button to paid hosting, I could really boost sales and remain competitive with RSP.

I know there is a way of doing this, because the reseller I used to be with was doing it on RSP! Also the reseller doneritehosting mentions above is also doing it and using the RSP order form! Please, please, please, have a look into this. A successful reseller = successful RSP
      Ditto -

Comment

i'm still remembered that few years ago i was raised this issue, but rsp policy is not to offer free plan, i don't know whether they are going to change the business tactic and remain the same, let's wait for the newsletter which promised by rsp.

hopefully soon will get it.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          My question, is how was the reseller doing that?

I thought about making a very small plan and limiting it down (IE: no emails, MySQL, FTP, or anything else), buying the plan, and offering it as a demo account.... But that seems like it is too much trouble to go through, and that is $30/year right there...

Comment

I found a Hepsia Demo, which was linked to on my site... But it is just a general limited down demo.

Comment

Thank all of you for replying back to this thread Clivejo My business plan is very flexible and if RSP goes with your suggestion I will be very happy indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by djblalock View Post
                My question, is how was the reseller doing that?

I thought about making a very small plan and limiting it down (IE: no emails, MySQL, FTP, or anything else), buying the plan, and offering it as a demo account.... But that seems like it is too much trouble to go through, and that is $30/year right there...
                I haven't got a problem with the extra $30 a year, its like clive said, if the client decides to upgrade to a paid plan its a pain in the rear to migrate the site , emails n sort and unnecessary If a free plan is officially supported.

Comment

Working...
                X