Chicago Server Downtime and Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Server Downtime and Errors

It appears that the issues with the Chicago servers are still haunting some of us. Besides all the downtime recently, last night for an hour any email sent to me was returned with a permanent error to the sender because the server said my email account did not exist. The issues now appears to be fixed.

So the question is is the Gremlin just sitting on server I am on or the whole server farm?

Hopefully there is a plan to solve these issues.

There is ongoing maintenance at the SteadFast data centre in Chicago, IL

You can check yourself for any outages using the following link

In addition, there is a lot of work ongoing with the account migration. Individual accounts may see downtime, as they are migrated to the new platform

Comment

There is a US gremlin clive??? LMAO

Comment

I dont know! All my accounts are in the UK Data Centre and its fine!

Proper Support says the following:

We are currently performing unscheduled maintenance on the server which is serving your hosting account.

This is related with expanding the server storage and optimizing the partitions to give a better overall emails performance.

To be able to complete the upgrades the email and files related services are temporary disabled.
        I guess "overall email performance" is better than no email performance

Comment

LOL clive you are supposed to know everything

Actually I looked at the link you posted and roughly 90% of server issues showed in US... was making a funny

Comment

If your having problems with send/receiving emails you should do the following :

1) In your Control Panel, check that your MX records are set correctly for your domain.
            2) Using Webmail, check to see if you can send a test email to an email address you know is working. Then reply to it and see if you get the reply.
            3) Check your email client settings to make sure they match the settings in your Control Panel.

Comment

I double checked all my DNS settings including mx records and all are correct.

But over the past week on an intermittent basis, people sending me email get the following error 550 relay not permitted. Maybe just a random 10 minutes at a time.

I contacted support and and all they did was send a test mail.

Does anyone else having these issues or any ideas to try?

Thanks

Comment

Are you using the generic mail servers or your own via the "Private DNS Cluster"?

Comment

The generic mail servers.

Comment

Originally posted by frrobert View Post
                    I double checked all my DNS settings including mx records and all are correct.

But over the past week on an intermittent basis, people sending me email get the following error 550 relay not permitted. Maybe just a random 10 minutes at a time.

I contacted support and and all they did was send a test mail.

Does anyone else having these issues or any ideas to try?

Thanks
                    I posted this same thing on another thread: I've gotten a few emails and a phone call today and yesterday about down sites with 403, 503, and 500 errors... I tried to log onto the reseller site to submit a ticket and got a 503 myself.

Comment

I am still getting different types of intermittent email errors and my site is up and down on a regular basis. There is definitely wrong with us.cloudlogin.co but sending in help tickets is falling on deaf ears. I did not have these problems before the move to the new server.

The responses have been "I sent a test message and it went through" and "check your email client."

I have been with Reseller Panel since 2004 and really don't want to move but I am not seeing another option?

Does anyone have any ideas on to get Resellers Panel to get to the root of the problem with us.cloudlogin.co?

Thanks

Comment

This is a good piece of advice posted on another thread.

Originally posted by Mark Shultise;
                        I had a customer who had problems. His hosting server was switched From California to one in Chicago.

When his email quit, I helped troubleshoot. Turns out some of his MX records were missing. I added one and that email account began to work. We asked Support to redo his MX records and add what is necessary. They said it was in progress. 12 hours later the addresses were still missing, so I manually added them.

If you want to see if there is an error with an email address, go here and anter your full email address (ie fred@myemail.com).

Use our free Email Checker to verify and validate any email address. Email Verification made simple.

You should get 3 check marks.

If a MX record is missing, step 2 will fail. Mail will be held by servers trying to get to the hosting account. Fixing an MX records may almost immediately start email flowing again.

The place to view them is in the control panel (shared hosting) yours are at MY DOMAINS, DNS RECORDS.

Comment

You could use an alternative email checker. It offers 100 checks when you register and it`s doing all the verification you need to validate an email. I hope i`s of good use for you.
                          Last edited by clivejo; 21-05-2019, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X