WP Phone ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WP Phone ID

On the WP theme, or the 'Next Level' one at least, the phone ID number is only shown at the top with the phone number you select to be shown, but not with the different numbers listed at the bottom.

I know it is an easy fix, but for the future users - Can the ID number be shown somewhere where it lists all the phone numbers together?

Here are 2 screenshots of what I'm talking about,
    Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2
    Last edited by clivejo; 25-01-2013, 07:50 PM. Reason: Merged two threads

I would like the option to be able to select which numbers you want to use and also to allow for a custom number to be inserted by the reseller.

As I only use the UK number, so its a waste of space to put the US and AU numbers there too! Would be an expensive call to Australia !!

Comment

If you want to insert a custom number on WP sites you could just edit your footer, header, and all contact pages... The same could probably apply to using just 1 phone number. But I agree it needs to be a default feature anyways.

I am about to insert a custom contact form using a WP plugin so all emails could go to me, just like the "Feedback" form on my site.

Comment

I have edited the files

Its just annoying having to do it all over again when the template/theme is updated!

I'm considering writing a child theme to customise it how I want.

Comment

I haven't had to experience an update to it, thankfully

I just have my custom phone number on the contact page and to give to (potential) customers in person. I have my custom number on a set of business cards - that way they can call me with pre-sales questions.

When someone calls one of the RSP numbers, does a rep. Just ask them for the ID code, or how does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by djblalock View Post
            When someone calls one of the RSP numbers, does a rep. Just ask them for the ID code, or how does that work?
            I think it depends on what your calling about. If its a new customer they ask for your Reseller/Store ID. If an existing customer they ask for your username/Control Panel login.

Comment

Personally I think that the ID # should be professionally addressed on the website as an extension number. This sounds more like you are dealing with an actual employee of a individual company and what most people would expect to hear. Just a suggestion...

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                Personally I think that the ID # should be professionally addressed on the website as an extension number. This sounds more like you are dealing with an actual employee of a individual company and what most people would expect to hear. Just a suggestion...
                That's actually a good idea... But might get confusing if the RSP reps actually have extension numbers to their phones.

Comment

agreed however there has got to be a more professional presentation than (ID:57453) An extention # might actually be more professional. For example "thank you for calling proper support, a professional web hosting support corporation please say or key in the company extention number for the most expediated support" .... something like that maybe... the website id thing well just sounds lame... the other way sounds as if a web hosting company has contracted a 2nd party company to handle sales support... My bad if I'm wrong

BTW I have never tried the support phone.... that came out of my own dead brain cells lmao... I just dont like that ID:blah blah.. sounds like an affiliate gig...

No change of the system here, just a change of wording of support representation on the websites.
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 26-01-2013, 04:12 AM.

Comment

I agree, or maybe even have an auto-assistant... So when you call:

Machine: "Thank you for calling. Press 1 if you are a new customer, press 2 to inquire about an existing account."
                    You: "*press 1*"
                    Machine: "Please enter the extension number shown on our website."
                    You: "*dial extensions number*"
                    Machine: "Please hold."
                    Rep: "Thank you for calling Reseller Store Name Support, how can I be of assistance?"

Comment

Bingo... yup we are on the same page djblalock

Comment

Originally posted by djblalock View Post
                        I agree, or maybe even have an auto-assistant... So when you call:

Machine: "Thank you for calling. Press 1 if you are a new customer, press 2 to inquire about an existing account."
                        You: "*press 1*"
                        Machine: "Please enter the extension number shown on our website."
                        You: "*dial extensions number*"
                        Machine: "Please hold."
                        Rep: "Thank you for calling Reseller Store Name Support, how can I be of assistance?"
                        The greatest idea that I've ever seen on this site. But remove the word "website", because I also put the number on business cards and fliers...

Comment

Working...
                        X