Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did RSP find the perfect anti spam model, or can "we" become better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did RSP find the perfect anti spam model, or can "we" become better?

Hi all,

Please read and give your perspective, even if my post is a bit long

I love RSP, and everyone who does, also wants "us" to become better, obviously.

With this thread, I'd like to understand how RSP "landed" in the quite strict anti-spam policy that is used today. Did it derive from listening to clients, and if so, do "we" continue to listen to clients?

From my horizon: Most of my clients over 10 years as a reseller, have been small businesses. I can understand that clients with a personal website may be more interested in stopping as much spam as possible. But when it comes to business, I guess that most clients would prefer a lower level of anti-spam firewall. Why? Because a business can't afford to miss out an email from a client.

Yesterday, I was told by support that RSP spam policy is stricter than that of other hosting companies, "
    Because nobody loves SPAM". Of course nobody loves spam. But a business may hate a missing sales lead more than they hate spam. And we provide a 5-level anti spam filter where the client can choose how strict filtering they want for each mailbox. So why this strict firewall policy that rejects incoming emails even from "suspicious" servers, whitelisted in a majority of blacklists? (Example: http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a65.55.34.207&run =toolpage )

I can accept that RSP has come to this conclusion, if it really derives from listening to clients. I hope that we all, resellers too, continue to listen to clients and convey the feedback to RSP. Let's be known for listening to what clients need. (I sometimes get the feeling that RSP is more known for being technically oriented.)

In defence of this strict policy of RSP, let me say that I understand the honorable goal to fight spam. By rejecting emails from servers that sometimes are used to send out spam, the responsibility to fight spam is laid on the administrator of the sending server, which is crucial. I understand that. So a balance must be found. Maybe RSP has found the perfect balance. What do you say, fellow resellers?

As you can probably tell from my avatar, I hate spam and will not tolerate it. To me spam is anything someone is trying to sell me or get me to visit without me asking for it. So I actually consider Google Ads as a form of spamming!! If I want to buy something Ill search for it, and NEVER from something shoved in my face.

I actually operate a few honey pots and regularly submit spam/scams to Spamcop and I know that there are a lot of hosts out there who dont give a monkeys about fighting spam. If the only way to make them sit up and listen is to blacklist their servers then so be it. Ive actually been on the receiving end of being on a blocked list and its not nice, but genuine hosts will fight to keep spammers off their networks.

So far I have never had a clients email rejected. Nor have I had any reports of businesses using the RSP network having emails blocked. The only issue I have is that email FROM RSP is being marked as spam and not making it to my clients inbox.

Comment

Just recently one of my client's WordPress website contracted malware from a plugin. It was sending out spam for a third party scammer. RSP shut the site down right away, and we fixed the problem, but the bigger problem was that the IP was now of several Blacklist sites. It was a pain removing them because each site had to be done separately, unless you wanted to pay a company to monitor and remove them for you.

The affected site has yet to recover/rebuild fully - I hate that we are being hurt by someone else's dishonest deeds.

Comment

Working...
      X