2nd Tier Affiliate Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Tier Affiliate Program

Resellers are not allowed to refer family members, or other individuals using the same mailing address or bank details as the Reseller's. Resellers are not allowed also to refer themselves using different reseller accounts and reseller account profile information. LiquidNet Ltd. verifies all 2nd Tier account payments. Any account in violation of this provision will not receive commissions and will not be allowed to use LiquidNet Ltd. reseller programs or hosting services.
    The above is a quote from the Resellers T&C which I feel is very unfair. I just wanted to explain my reasoning and why it can put people off dealing with RSP or being a reseller. In my own case I feel I was 'tricked' into clicking a affiliate link all those years ago. At the time I didn’t understand that someone else could be benefiting from my hard work and basically making 10% of any sales I make, for doing nothing! There have been cases of people selling these 'free' affiliate accounts on Ebay etc who then continue to benefit by getting 10%. Surely a better model is to allow resellers to make 10% extra on their sales? After all they are doing all the hard work!

Why is it forbidden for a reseller to sign themselves up as an affiliate and make an extra 10%, after all they are doing the hard work by selling the products!

Howdy Clivejo

"Why is it forbidden for a reseller to sign themselves up as an affiliate and make an extra 10%, after all they are doing the hard work by selling the products!"

Good question, I dont have an answer for that one..

I can relate to how you feel doing the work to make the sales but at least the 10% does not come out of a reseller's set profits and the reseller has the opportunity to build a alternate residual income from the current affiliate program..

I would go along with changing the current affiliate program to one where the reseller has their own affiliate program and a resellers affiliate make 10% of every sold account they referred.

Except.... 10% not a competitive payout percentage for the affiliate. Alot of hosting companies are offering 30 to 50% payout to their affiliates for a referred sale.... RSP's closest competitor has the same referral program I'm talking about in place right now and its a 50% payout per sale to the resellers personal afilliates for the order period of the account and the reseller makes no profit. IE, an affiliate refers a quarterly sale the reseller makes nothing that 3 months, when the order is renewed reseller profits resume as normal..

Hope I am making sense... Tired from work lol

Comment

Hi Guys,

You know I'm not sure affiliates a really worth it!

Since starting with RSP 4 years ago - I have built 63 affiliates. A fair number I thought.

But to date only 1 has ever provided me with a profit - and that totals the great amount of $11.75

Comment

Why would you want to be your own affiliate when you can just open another store under the same account. Also, the money to pay the affiliates doesn't come out of your share. Once they are signed up under you it's just free money... no matter how little it is.

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
          Why would you want to be your own affiliate when you can just open another store under the same account. Also, the money to pay the affiliates doesn't come out of your share. Once they are signed up under you it's just free money... no matter how little it is.
          If you signed up as your own affiliate and created another store that way, you would make your profit off your affiliate store and then the 10% affiliate profit through your main reseller store

Comment

Originally posted by iads View Post
            Also, the money to pay the affiliates doesn't come out of your share. Once they are signed up under you it's just free money... no matter how little it is.
            Nothing in life is 'free' money! RSP will have calculated this into the price of the plans. I would prefer to offer plans 10% cheaper than be paying an affiliate who did nothing only trick me into clicking a link.

There are numerous examples on other forums of affiliates trying to con people into linking their links and offering nothing in return, some even charge for it!! Totally immoral in my view! I just think it would be money better spent building valuable clients and resellers. Just my two cents worth

Comment

Clivejo is right affiliate payouts are calculated into the wholesale price of the plans. Index is also right, the majority of affiliates do nothing with the reseller opportunity but let it sit dormant. I have affiliates from 2004 that have not made me one red cent.. Yet I have a few who work with it..

Comment

LOL I'm loving your signature line!

Comment

Lovin on yours too clivejo! Lets hope RSP shows some love too

Comment

Working...
                  X