Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Name & Hosting page layout

Hi,

Maybe its just me - but I think our Free Domain is not displayed properly on our stores - 'Domain Name & Hosting' - pricing page.

We display FREE in the first '1 Year' column - but there after, from 2 years - 10 years we display the accumulated cost per year!

To me this could indicate to clients that the FREE domain is only for their FIRST year of hosting - when in fact it is FREE every year with their hosting plan. ['Free For Life' of their plan - some hosts promote it as]

Therefore, since the pricing page is specifically for domains WITH hosting plans and NOT on their own - why don't we display FREE in every column from 1 year to 10 years?

Wouldn't this clearly show that if they renew their hosting plan every year - the domain name is Free for the life of their hosting plan?

Just my thoughts guys.

Well yes and no. A plan can only be taken for 12 months and the domain is free for those 12 months. However, if the customer wants to register the domain for 10 years, then he/she would have to pay for the 9 years in addition.

ie Hosting Plan + 1 year free + 9 years at regular price.

To get a domain free for 10 years you would have to enter into a contract to supply the hosting plan as well at a certain price which is impossible due to the fast moving nature of web hosting. Also, RSP could decide next year to stop offering the free domain (its not really free, just discounted to us resellers) then your customers could say you lied to them.

I do agree its very confusing. But the nice thing about the WP templates is that you can build your own pages and make your own deals! Personally, I dont see the need to register for years in advance, but you could sell it to your advantage ie "Secure your own personalized domain for 10 years - only $79.99 !! Click here to demo our FREE domain manager"

Comment

Yes clivejo, I fully understand your points. I did consider these - and I agree that factually the page is correct. But to me I still think it looks confusing to the clients.

Besides who would pay for say 4 years upfront for a domain - if they can get it for free each time they renew their yearly plan?

On another point - I don't offer a free domain on my Stater Plan - but the page says - a free domain is offered on all hosting plans?

In addition, my .com's are $9.99 - but if sold with a Plan, it is only $6.99 - so again if they pre- pay they would be paying more than renewing each year with ther plan.

I just think the page could be tweeked somehow to cover these points. Then again maybe I just need to take a break - lol. I'm going to get a coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
        On another point - I don't offer a free domain on my Stater Plan - but the page says - a free domain is offered on all hosting plans?
        Can I ask what is your reasoning behind this decision ?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          Can I ask what is your reasoning behind this decision ?
          Sure. I only sell that plan for around $3 to try and offer an attractive entry level plan - but offering it at that price with a free domain would hardly generate any profit at all.

If they want a free domain - I hope it encourages them into a larger plan.

Comment

I see.

Regarding the other, why not remove the shortcode [domain_extensions_accordion] so it wont display? Or even better copy the raw html that gets inserted by that shortcode and edit to display what you want?

Comment

Well the advantage of using API documentation is to save having to keep re-inventing and maintaining RSP product info pages.

But if my suggested changes are considered unworthy - not warrenting any API page changes - I may just have to do that!

Comment

Working...
              X