Make Default Store Domain The URL To Log In To The Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Default Store Domain The URL To Log In To The Control Panel

The "Default Domain" set for a reseller store "SHOULD" be the URL given in "ALL" automated notification emails that tell clients where they should go to log into their Control Panel.

On automated renewal notice emails, support ticket emails, etc......the user/client "SHOULD" be sent back to the "SAME STORE DOMAIN" they are familiar with to log into their control panels.

Clients order services from resellers at the "Default Store Domain" so the client "SHOULD" be sent back to the SAME SITE to log into their Control Panel.

-Resellers purchase Private DNS Clusters.
    -Resellers use Remote Login Forms.
    -Resellers use both Wordpress and Store Master Themes with included control panel login forms.
    -Resellers spend a lot of time, effort, and money building completely custom sites using your API.
    -Resellers Panel advertises all over their website they offer "maximum reseller anonymity."
    -Resellers spend a lot of time and money fighting in a very competitive market to gain new customers.
    -Resellers work very hard to develop "brands" and store domains people and "Google" can trust.

BUT in every "Automated Notification Email" sent to the hard earned "clients of the reseller" they are asked to visit: us.cloudlogin.co or uk.cloudlogin.co or supremecenter.com or vps1234.mylogin.co etc........to login to their control panel?

-This is very confusing to the clients of Resellers.
    -This does not reinforce the resellers brand, trust of the resellers store or the Default Store Domain.
    -This does not offer "maximum reseller anonymity."
    -This most certainly will not help a resellers store in google rankings.
    -This completely negates the whole purpose of paying for a Private DNS cluster.
    -This also completely negates the purpose of using resellers Panel API to build a completely custom site.
    -This basically exposes that resellers are in fact resellers. Period.

This has been requested by resellers quite often for 10 years now:

The "Default Domain" set for a reseller store "SHOULD" be the URL given in "ALL" automated notification emails that tell clients where they should go to log into their Control Panel.

Note: In "Welcome Emails" you can "still" use the current Password Setup interface for new web hosting accounts. Just the subsequent automated notification emails sent for renewal notices and support ticket replies etc......SHOULD direct clients back to the Default Store Domain to login to the control panel.

Note: If a reseller goes out of business, forgets to renew their domain, or their hosting goes down then it's the resellers resposibility to get the site back up in a reasonable amount of time and if not then Resellers Panel should have automated procedures in place to email customers directing them to login to the backup system: us.cloudlogin.co or uk.cloudlogin.co or vps1234.mylogin.co etc......."OR" automatically default back to the username.duoservers.com Default Store Domain that would still be working and email clients to use that domain instead to login to their control panel.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

I want to stress that I do understand that a stand alone default control panel login URL is STILL needed and "should stay" apart of the system. So you should KEEP the current default logins at us.cloudlogin.co, uk.cloudlogin.co, and vps1234.mylogin.co etc.........and the control panel pages should "still" operate off these domains etc......even after a user logs in from a custom Default Store Domain.

In this post I'm "ONLY" referring to the "automated notification emails" that are sent out to clients for account renewals and support ticket replies etc.......The URL "links" provided in these emails should be the "Default Store Domain" that would send the client back to the store front they purchased from to log into their Control Panel.

I like Resellers Panel very much!!

Please consider implementing this change soon.

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1A.png
Views:	269
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	60814 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1B.png
Views:	387
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	60815

Last edited by bigtime.php; 21-07-2015, 10:00 PM. Reason: I edited to clarify that the default stand alone Control Panel Login is still needed. Only change the links in notification emails sent to clients.

Could not agree more! This is something that is needed badly!

Comment

yup that would be a good idea

Comment

Thanks Nova-Host and doneritehosting for your support.

However to make my suggestion more realistic we all have to understand that it’s VERY important for RSP to ensure that the clients of Resellers can always access their control panels.

I suggest that RSP set it up as a service and call it a: Custom Email Notification Service.

Similar to how there are requirements that must be met for a Reseller to request activation of the ResellersPanel API. There should also be requirements that must be met to activate the Custom Email Notification Service.

Resellers must meet the following requirements to activate the Custom Email Notification Service:

1.) The Reseller must both purchase a domain and a DNS 3 Cluster package for the domain. The DNS 3 Cluster Domain and the Default Store Domain set by the reseller do NOT have to be the same domain. It can be two different domains or the same domain. An active DNS 3 cluster package must be maintained by the Reseller.

2.) The Reseller should have at least two existing web hosting customers with active accounts beyond the 30-days money back guarantee period and not expiring in the next 60 days “OR” the reseller should have a minimum of $100 USD deposited into the Reseller's Wallet account.

3.) After the Custom Email Notification Service activation is requested from the Reseller's Reseller Control Panel, the Default Store Domain set by the Reseller is to be validated by a Customer Service member of ResellersPanel who will activate the Service. Resellers Panel will check: “A” - that the Default Store Domain set by the Reseller “resolves” to an active site, “B” - that the site has an account login form, and “C” - that the site has a front end customer support page that has a way for clients to send billing and support request to the @propersupport.com email address (this can also be a custom conditional logic contact us form that sends request to the @propersupport email address).

4.) Resellers who fail to meet the afore-cited requirements can obtain activation of the Custom Email Notification Service only at the ultimate discretion of ResellersPanel.

IF a Reseller is unable to meet the requirements to activate the Custom Email Notification Service then the notification emails sent to the clients of that Reseller will work like they currently do showing the us.cloudlogin.co and 1234vps.mylogin.co links etc…….in the emails.

IF a Reseller does not maintain the requirements mentioned above then RSP will default the emails sent to the clients of the Reseller back to either the DNS 3 custom login domain or the storename.duoservers.com sub-domain if the DNS 3 cluster domain is no longer available.

I hope by having requirements that Resellers must meet and a set of Terms that Resellers must agree to will allow RSP to offer these Custom Email Notifications that will have the following benefits to Resellers:

-It will reinforce the resellers brand and the Default Store Domain set by the reseller.
        -It will send the clients of the Reseller back to the store front they purchased from to login to their control panel.
        -It will hopefully help the authority, time on site, importance, and trust of the Resellers Default Store Domain in Google rankings.
        -It will help the Reseller get much closer to having “maximum reseller anonymity.”
        -It will help Resellers build more unique custom sites utilizing the RSP API and the Remote Forms.

Please check out the attached images that show how the Custom Notification Emails should look and how they should be worded to give Resellers maximum flexibility and anonymity.

I appreciate Resellers Panel’s time and consideration in possibly offering this additional service to Resellers.

RSP is doing a lot of great things for Resellers.

Whew! I need another Pepsi after this post.

Thanks.

Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I'm really surprised neither Tom or Yan have had anything to say about this yet. Any input from you two would nice, because we'd certainly like to know what some of the top support staff think of this.

Comment

They will comment..... whether it can be done or not they will comment hehe..

Comment

Hi guys.

I am so sorry for the delay, I was on a vacation.

I will rise the question to our Management, as we will have to check that with our Developers as well.

I do not think that it will be possible to set a Custom Email Notification for the Hepsia VPS Servers, however for the Shared Hosting and Semi-Dedicated Servers I cannot think of a reason "why not to".

I will contact you back with an update as soon as possible!

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

See I told you so Nova Thanks Tom and will be waiting for some info whether its yay or nay BTW hope you and the wife had a good time on the vacation, any word on little "Tom" yet? hehe

Comment

Yes you did, donerite, lol. And same here, looking forward to updates. And again, lets hear about little Tom, lol.

Comment

Again, thanks Nova-Host and donerite for your support on this.

Tom, I'm very happy to see you present this to both RSP management and developers. I very much appreciate RSP consideration in making Custom Email Notifications a reality for resellers.

I think that it's very important in this industry to reinforce your store "domain" and "brand" as much as possible. Also to send customers back to the store domain they purchased from and are familiar with to log into their account/control panel just makes a lot of sense.

I understand what I'm asking will require some work and adjustments on RSP part, but if it's set up as a "service" that's activated after resellers meet certain criteria (similar to the RSP API) then I think this can work great for serious resellers looking to create a unique and custom experience for their customers.

I'm looking forward to hearing what RSP can do, and regardless of what happens I know RSP is very active in doing a lot of great things for us resellers.
                    Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

bigtime.php, in the meantime you could try the option to send email to the reseller rather than the client. But this means you as reseller will have to pass on the message which would result in more work. However, it does allow you to have a closer relationship with your customers as you can send custom messages with your emails and upsell a little bit.
                      Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Would it not be easier to just allow any and all emails to clients to be customized? You could then direct them to YOUR store of choice. Or am I wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

clivejo, I appreciate your comment and your thought process.

I understand the settings you are refering to and I made sure to play around thoroughly with all of them before starting this thread. It is really not the best way to do things, especially when you start to manage a lot of clients. It has to be automated to be able to properly scale your business and I'm sure RSP does not want to hinder any resellers from being able to do that.

Also, even if you choose the option to send email to the reseller rather than the client, the RSP system "still" sends the same "automated renewal notices" for account renewals and support ticket replies etc.....to the "client's email address."

This is the case because when you order a new account for a client you put the "clients email address" as the "owner" of the account/control panel. Which is the way it "should" be done. It's the clients account. They own it just so long as they keep making their payments.

I know I have written a lot, but if you notice at the bottom of my very first post I wrote that: "In this post I'm "ONLY" referring to the "automated notification emails" that are sent out to clients for account renewals and support ticket replies etc....."

So again, I truly believe their needs to be an option for serious resellers that meet certain criteria to able to activate "automated" Custom Email Notifications for account renewals and support ticket replies etc......that will send the client back to the same store front domain/url they purchased from to log into their account.

I'm so adamant about it, because I see RSP doing a ton of great things for resellers that I don't want this important possible option for resellers to fly under the radar.

Believe me, as we would say in the "South," this "ain't" my first rodeo.

I don't know everything and I will always have a lot to learn, but I've tested several other competitor reseller systems and by far I believe RSP is the best available. Primarily because RSP offers a lot of flexibility for resellers to potentially offer a very "unique experience" to their clients. I believe in the platform RSP is building so much that two years ago I transferred all my domains and hosting accounts over to RSP from a really big competitor and started testing and slowly building on top of the Resellers Panel Platform. I'm very proud to be a partner of Liquidnet Ltd. They are really working hard to continuously improve their platform and that is what I like to see and what I want for my clients as well. RSP has been great.

All I'm doing is bringing the most attention I can to a very important possible "option" for serious resellers. The type of resellers I would like to believe that RSP wants to attract and target. Regardless of what is decided, I will still be happy with RSP. They are working hard and it shows through the effort they have made on their blog, forum, and social media channels to keep us all informed. RSP is passionate about what they do, and that's the kind of company I want to be partnered with.

clivejo, you have have been very helpful to me throughout this forum. I appreciate everyone's interests in this and I look forward to what comes out of it.

Ok, another long post. Going to have to drink another Pepsi.
                          Last edited by Tom Alexander; 28-08-2015, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I totally agree with you, its a feature I would love to see, but getting it set-up and working in reality is another kettle of fish. RSP usually have very good reason for not doing things a certain way and sometimes its hard for us resellers to understand the bigger picture. But Tom has said he will take it to the management and he is a man of his word, I await the reply with bated breath.

Comment

Yes he is clivejo, Tom is a very good person.

Comment

Working...
                              X