Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Panel Timeout Period

Hi to all,

I'm just wondering if any other members find the fairly short timout period for the Control Panels (both Resellers & Hosting) a little bit inconvenient.
    I am finding myself logging in several times every couple of hours when I need to do or check something in the control panel(s) then maybe switch to a website or other activity (such as making a coffee!).
    I raised the issue through a support ticket and was told that the whole system wouldn't be changed just for me, which I can understand, but would be interested to know if it IS only me that finds this irritating!
    My suggestion was a longer timeout or the facility to set the timeout.

Regards to all,

SC

I’ve never experienced a problem with the Hepsia or Resellers Control Panel but I have seen this problem before on other websites. There are plug-ins for your browser designed to auto refresh the page and therefore should stop you being logged out.

This is one such plug-in for Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...n/reloadevery/

Pretty simple and should solve your problem.

Comment

Great solution clivejo!

Now everyone is happy

I never even thought of doing that - it works perfectly!

Comment

Funny enough I must admit I never though about that either. I am going to use that as I hate to login to PayPal every 30 minutes!!!

Nice one mate!

Comment

Its a trick I used one time for an online store to process orders and print off packing instructions as orders arrived. The refresh triggered a Java script, found any new orders and printed them. Using

Code:
          window.print() ;
          If anyone's interested, you can force Firefox to 'silence' print too. Ill explain how.

1) Open a new window and type in "about:config" to the URL bar
          2) Promise to be careful
          3) Menu click and Select New > Boolean
          4) Call the preference "print.always_print_silent"
          5) Set your new preference to True

Now instead of asking you to Okay the printing, it adds it to the print queue and the document is printed like magic!

Comment

Working...
          X