Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade MySQL version to latest to support current web standards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade MySQL version to latest to support current web standards.

Hi I use, and so do my customers a shared plan through my reseller store. In the control panel, it states that the current MySQL version is 5.1.65

I use WordPress for many of these sites, and based on the current requirements. The MySQL version is too old, and most recently has prevented in new plugins being installed, because of the lack of support for CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 and COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci

Here is the latest requirements to run WordPress https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Thinking out loud here: If we don't support WordPress because of Old versions of MySQL then we are missing out on a 1/4 of all internet users. Which could impact resellers selling new plans.

Look forward to seeing this much needed update soon!

Chris01 My advice is to open a support ticket. I think I remember a setting somewhere where you can choose the MySQL version, but Im unsure where this is, but the support team will be able to give you more help on this.

Comment

The settings are under Advanced : PHP Configaration

It goes up to PHP 7 (Beta)

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments, sorry for the delay in responding, I thought I would get notifications of follow up I must have disabled it somewhere. Iads, yeah not php but thanks all the same, its Mysql. And yav0r that would be great. Just now I tried installing the very latest version of wordpress v 4.3.1 and it failed to install saying "WordPress database error: [Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4']" Now i'm definitely in a pickle. I'll get on to support.

Comment

Hey all if Yav0r you read this. After a lengthy back and forth support ticket, even had to take screen shots of my dashboard and highlight the mysql version so the support person could realise i was on an older mysql server, They escalated the ticket to a system administrator that confirmed the version. The only solution support offered me was to migrate my account to another data centre. Sure that will help me currently, but it stops me setting up new clients. ROADBLOCK. my support ticket number Opened On: 2015-Dec-01 04:10:37 Support Ticket 1493697

support couldn't give me a time frame, is there any thing you can find out for me please.

Thanks
          Chris.

Comment

Working...
          X