Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10% Price rise for .com, .org, .net & .biz TLD

Bit annoyed today!!!

I didn't know about the price rise. (http://blog.resellerspanel.com/lates...-increase.html) I gave a quote for 5 years for a .com without the 10% rise and now if my client decides to go ahead Ill have to absorb that 10% difference

Is there any way to subscribe to these important announcements and receive them via email or something?

I know the feeling, clivejo. Only I'm not annoyed they announced the increase, as I got the notification through my e-mail. I'm annoyed that there's any increase at all! All we ever hear about is price increases in TLD's. How about a price DECREASE? I know its not you guys specifically (RSP), but come on! I already charge 10 bucks to my clients for domain names. To get around this I'm going to have to charge 12, something I don't want to do right now but have no choice to. Not much anyone can do about it until ICANN stops jacking prices up, which I'm pretty sure won't be happening anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
      Only I'm not annoyed they announced the increase, as I got the notification through my e-mail.
      You got an email to your reseller account?

Comment

The last newsletter email I received was in May, announcing the Release of Plug-in version 1.4. Why didn't I get an email about the price changes?

Comment

I got the email too!
          It does suck though....we are buying domains wholesale at pricing above alot of our competitors retail price. Dot coms go for $8 at domainbox.

Comment

Everybody was mass mailed through the newsletter I guess yours didn't get delivered or perhaps is somewhere in the spam folders or your spam filter killed it.

Ladies and Gents the price increase is forced upon us as a Registrar from the Registry itself. The reason why you never heard about a decrease is because the Registry only increases the prices. Don't be mad at us... we only increased the prices with the exact same amount the Registry increased them with i.e. we are not profiting a single cent out of this price increase...

I also want to hear about a decrease in domains pricing, petrol pricing but only computer hardware parts get cheaper at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
              Everybody was mass mailed through the newsletter I guess yours didn't get delivered or perhaps is somewhere in the spam folders or your spam filter killed it.
              I dont have a spam filter enabled. I am a bit worried about this as its not the first time an email has gone missing and it only happens with my reseller email account. When I set-up the Private DNS I asked for the email/hosting to be handled via my hosting account, rather than the email account you provide for us. I've had my suspicions that some emails are getting delivered to the email box RSP provided for me, will you look into this for me Yan?

Comment

Sure, open a support ticket and PM me the ticket number I will have it looked into immediately.

Comment

For resellers offering a free .com ....... as part of the shared hosting package, will there be an increase to the wholesale price of these packages?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                    For resellers offering a free .com ....... as part of the shared hosting package, will there be an increase to the wholesale price of these packages?
                    Hello.

Yes, there will be a $1 incrase to the wholesale price.

Best Regards,
                    Tom.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Price rises are always hard to swallow and I agree this one no different - especially since we need to stay very competitive with .com domains to attract clients. But we can only rely on RSP's assurances that it was unavoidable.

However, considering, as I said, .com domain pricing is very easily compared in our market and the lower the cost the more chance there is to attract clients - I wonder if RSP ever considered subsidising .com domains by increasing the cost of ALL other domains by a few cents each.

A small increase on ALL domains would not really be noticed and would enable us to continue to offer the market very competitive .com domains which is always noticed by clients when comparing domain and/or hosting services.

Just a thought!

Comment

I dont like that idea! Why should I have to pay more for a .co.uk or a .eu to subsidise a .com ??

Has anyone done a like for like survey recently on how RSP wholesale prices compare to other providers? Looking around I think they quite favourable :/

Comment

Just a quick look around, and here's my results

RSP Wholesale - $10 Min Retail $10.99
                          Go Daddy - $11.17
                          Domain dot com - $9.99 (special limited offer)
                          name dot com - $10.99
                          1and1 - $7.99 special price for first year, ($14.99 after that!)
                          free parking - $11.99

Some places look cheaper, but have clauses in the T&C, like a transfer fee or increase costs in years to come. I do honestly think RSP are on the level here.

Also, RSP discounts domains if registered with a hosting package. Which means we are getting them for $7 now.
                          Last edited by clivejo; 24-07-2013, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Can someone who does get the newsletter please let me know when the next one comes so I can check if I get it!

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                              Just a quick look around, and here's my results

RSP Wholesale - $10 Min Retail $10.99
                              Go Daddy - $11.17
                              Domain dot com - $9.99 (special limited offer)
                              name dot com - $10.99
                              1and1 - $7.99 special price for first year, ($14.99 after that!)
                              free parking - $11.99

Some places look cheaper, but have clauses in the T&C, like a transfer fee or increase costs in years to come. I do honestly think RSP are on the level here.

Also, RSP discounts domains if registered with a hosting package. Which means we are getting them for $7 now.
                              But do not forget GoDaddy always has coupons that cut down the price to 7.49 per new .com or renewal. Sometime even with free Whois privacy.

Comment

Working...
                              X