10% Price rise for .com, .org, .net & .biz TLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
    But do not forget GoDaddy always has coupons that cut down the price to 7.49 per new .com or renewal. Sometime even with free Whois privacy.
    At the write of writing I couldnt see any coupons or discounts

I was wondering about whois protection. Your basically paying for a 3rd party's details to be put on the whois. Could we not use our own resellers name and details instead? Put C/o your resellers brand and then you keep the details on file for that customer. Am I missing the point here?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post

Hello.

Yes, there will be a $1 incrase to the wholesale price.

Best Regards,
      Tom.
      Tom, will this be a $1 a month increase wholesale or $1 divided over 12 months?

Myself, I am looking at godaddy and hostgator and I am not seeing any moves or announcements of a price increase..

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post

I was wondering about whois protection. Your basically paying for a 3rd party's details to be put on the whois. Could we not use our own resellers name and details instead? Put C/o your resellers brand and then you keep the details on file for that customer. Am I missing the point here?
        That is a good idea clivejo and that is alot of free advertising for the reseller. You get a bow from me

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post

GoDaddy discount coupon rarely appear on their site, you have to find it somewhere.

like this one I found SMB99F just $1.17

try this firefox plugin http://www.joinhoney.com/

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
            Hi Guys,

Price rises are always hard to swallow and I agree this one no different - especially since we need to stay very competitive with .com domains to attract clients. But we can only rely on RSP's assurances that it was unavoidable.

However, considering, as I said, .com domain pricing is very easily compared in our market and the lower the cost the more chance there is to attract clients - I wonder if RSP ever considered subsidising .com domains by increasing the cost of ALL other domains by a few cents each.

A small increase on ALL domains would not really be noticed and would enable us to continue to offer the market very competitive .com domains which is always noticed by clients when comparing domain and/or hosting services.

Just a thought!

Great compromise on the domain increase RSP [announced today in the blog]. I like the fact that there is no price increase in .com or .net domains for the first year or registration/transfer. Just a renewal increase should not adversely affect our new account competitiveness - and I doubt clients will want to move accounts for such a small increase in domain renewal cost in 12 months. Thanks for thinking outside the square guys. :-)

Comment

I just checked with Go Daddy via an account from one of my clients. The price of a domains are $12.99 for new registration and $14.99 for renewal. Plus they charge an extra 18cents per domain name for an ICANN fee. That means it costs $13.17 for new registration and $15.17 for renewal. The cheap names are for new customers or to get you to transfer a name. Once they have you they get expensive and constantly try to sell you upgrades and other services.

Comment

• clivejo
                clivejo commented
                Editing a comment
                That seems to be how most of the competition works. They get you to transfer or register a new name for cheap and then bump up the price in the following years.

"yav0r comment
              07-31-2013, 08:55 PM

Thanks That was the original idea."

The only problem I see now - is my WPress site promotes the higher domain 'renewal' price on the home page rather than the lower first time registration price - as I believe was intended? Anyone else noticed this?

Comment

Yep I have index... And probably the only solution will be to modify the rsp supplied pages for .COM and .NET to reflect this along with modified seo and adding a little custom content in key pages of your site. Until rsp releases 1.50 of the plugin wth template updates that is (???) ... I sure hope that will include more compatability with industry standard wordpress plugins than 1.40 lol

Comment

• clivejo
                  clivejo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sure hope that will include more compatability with industry standard wordpress plugins than 1.40
                  Now now Mr Donerite! That was a dig below the belt :P

• doneritehosting
                  doneritehosting commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No digging intended clive, cant blame a person for hoping though

I see now there are many websites that offer discount codes, very convenient and getting the discount coupon is also very easy. you can automatically go to google and find the code you want.

Comment

Working...
                X