Whois Protection Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whois Protection Pricing

Suggestion would be to bring it down quite a bit The wholesale price is pretty much at/above retail.

The main reason I'm bringing this up is that the 2 retail sites that I know of that RSP/Liquidnet owns sell the whois protection at only $6. (I won't mention the sites. Not sure if RSP would like that).

What they sell their services for on their private sites is their business. But selling whois protection for $6 retail tells me they could easily at least sell it to us for $6 (but preferably lower ), as I assume they are selling at a profit at $6.
    Last edited by vrepub; 21-02-2016, 10:28 PM.

I know what site your talking about that RSP/Liquidnet owns and at this site they are selling whois protection for only $6 retail.

There are a lot of other competitor sites who offer whois protection for much lower than our wholesale price as well. Even lower than $6.

So +1.

I very much agree that it's time for RSP to find a way to greatly lower the wholesale price on whois protection.

Comment

I do have to say something here, to be fair to RSP. Many of the sites that offer whois protection for really cheap or free are mainly domain registrars, which is a totally different business model and therefore you cannot compare domain prices and whois protection service prices with them. Most hosts are selling whois protection for way more than you can get from domain registrars.

Comment

RSP is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar through it's parent company Liquidnet Ltd.. RSP currently offers 70 TLDs on it's platform and growing with the introduction of more new nTLDs.

Most of these new nTLDs RSP is introducing also offers "whois" protection.

I see RSP/Liquidnet as both a domain registrar and a hosting company. And many of the main "domain registrars" also offer hosting services as well and their pricing on "whois" protection is much lower.

RSP today should be compared with those companies that offer domains just as much as hosting. RSP is doing a good job in many areas, but I still think they should take a hard look at possibly lowering their wholesale price on whois protection. Even if it's lowered just a little bit.

Of course RSP keeps on surprising me all the time, so maybe they are already looking to lower the price, but just waiting for the right time to do it.

Comment

See blog post - https://blog.resellerspanel.com/doma...w-cheaper.html

Comment

Yav0r, that is great news!!!

I can't say enough how much I appreciate RSP willing to not only listen to their reseller partners, but take the time to continually evaluate how to stay competitive in this industry. I know it's hard, margins are tight, and you can't always make everybody happy - but your doing a great job. Thank you very much for your hard work.

Comment

Thanks. Makes a big difference. Now if only we could get quarterly billing (cough, cough . I know monthly will never happen so I won't go there lol)

BTW: People don't understand how important whois protection is to cut down on spam and internet marketers. I know this first-hand and have tested it out. BUt there are folks who claim whois protection is bad for business. I am willing to bet 99% of customers never look at whois data behind a domain. they don't even know what whois data is let alone how to look it up.

To be honest, perhaps it may be bad for hosting companies, not sure. But other average B2C businesses should always get whois protection IMHO.

Comment

To be honest if a hosting firm was hiding behind WHOIS protection, I personally wouldn't go near them with a barge pole. I think for a host you need a very detailed WHOIS record with plenty of contact information, especially for abuse and support.

However for your average customer who just wants a blog and basic website, WHOIS protection is important and getting more so. The amount of phishing and scam emails being sent is getting quite concerning. Especially as they pretend to be the domain registrar and demand payments for services they dont and cant provide. Some clients might fall for this as they dont know any better.

Comment

I hear ya. I own many domains and I used to get MASSIVE amounts of spam and telemarketing calls (in general) and a huge amount of spam and junk mail from people claiming to be my registrar and wanting ridiculous amounts of money for "renewal fees".

Comment

Oh we've been pushing for Monthly billing for shared hosting for a long time now. Never gets anywhere, but we still try. From my understanding of the monthly billing situation, there's a lone holdout who won't commit to it. I won't name the holdout (it isn't yavor or any of the other moderators or tech support guys that come here), as it isn't exactly common knowledge and also not my place to do so, but that's why we haven't gotten monthly billing yet, and probably won't for a very long time, if ever. We MIGHT get it one day years down the road, but that's basically pie-in-the-sky, so we don't get our hopes up. We can still wish for it though!

Comment

Working...
                    X