Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like I may have to leave RSP...already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like I may have to leave RSP...already.

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I do know that people have to see this. It's only right.

Also, I don't mean to come across as mean, or as a sour-puss. I'm not angry, I'm actually quite depressed over this as I have put a lot of effort into my site and my plan to resell RSP services.

While I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do at this point, I made a very sad discovery which is making me think long and hard about starting a "relationship" with RSP and spending any more time/money with my site and my plans.

I went o my Paypal account to check out the Paypal transaction for when I bought a hosting package through my RSP CP and, lo and behold, I see that RSP lists their customer service web address as duoservers(.)co(.)uk.

Problem? That domain leads a RSP reseller store.

I understand that this may be done to comply with payment processor rules, but ultimately, it's a big no-no for a reseller. When we resell anything, we are brokers, and we must protect our business. No way around that...it's the 1st rule of thumb for a broker/reseller.

The domain should lead to a page that states the charge is from a partner web host in the LiquidNet/Duoservers family of hosting partners and to contact support from the website you purchased from directly for sales, billing and support issues (or something like that)...not to a web hosting storefront.

It's already enough that RSP allows everyone to see our wholesale prices, sign up for free as a "reseller" themselves with no intention to resell and then just buy the same hosting plans at our cost -- the same plans we offer ourselves at a markup and spend time and money to make sales for.

Now this.

You can buy all the Private Name Server Clusters you want, not much good in that if your plan is to resell directly from a store using RSP's billing system.

It's a real, real bummer for me.

I had a really good plan to drive some niche buying traffic to my reseller site (which currently works for me in a similar industry) as well as an even better plan to get a decent amount of resellers to signup under my affiliate link (resellers who would undoubtedly make sales). But now? I dunno.

It sure is tough being a reseller, but when your source is uncovered at every corner you turn? Man, it's darn near impossible.

Oh well, back to square one. Or maybe into the garbage can completely. Not sure yet. But I find it hard to see any value or potential here...at least not with the way I intended to use RSP (which is the way most people intend to use RSP).
    Last edited by vrepub; 13-03-2016, 01:10 AM.

The following image was already uploaded in my OP (but for some reason it is now showing as a broken image). I will post again making sure not to use the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" function this time...

Last edited by vrepub; 13-03-2016, 08:22 PM.

Comment

vrepub Things like this can happen. What is telling is if RSP or any other Reseller provider is willing to do anything about it. Once support (yav0r) saw this it was immediately identified and a mistake and BAHM! A commitment to FIX IT straight away. It really doesn't get any better than that. We also resell for another HUGE provider who often ignores branding issues and "leaks" like this. That's one of the reasons we are HERE! Stick around and have a beer.

Comment

Hey now larry pass one those this way too larry is right RSP is rock solid about stuff like that...

Comment

Working...
        X