New 30 Day Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

I notice RSP have changed the BUY buttons on the Store Master Template to read "Start Free Trial" - which is good. But when you click on that link it sends you to the account order form that still displays the annual cost and all reference to the free trial is gone. This may put people off from going any further if they think they are actually going to be charged.

Shouldn't there be some continuity on the sign up form to re-enforce that they are not being charged anything at this point and that all they are committing to is the free 30 day trial?

Just a thought guys!

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
      Hi,

I notice RSP have changed the BUY buttons on the Store Master Template to read "Start Free Trial" - which is good. But when you click on that link it sends you to the account order form that still displays the annual cost and all reference to the free trial is gone. This may put people off from going any further if they think they are actually going to be charged.

Shouldn't there be some continuity on the sign up form to re-enforce that they are not being charged anything at this point and that all they are committing to is the free 30 day trial?

Just a thought guys!

:-)

Yeah.
      Something Like this for example.
      €12.34 EUR (€1.23 per month)
      30 Day FREE Trial - No Credit Card Required.

Comment

Originally posted by WnD View Post

Yeah.
        Something Like this for example.
        €12.34 EUR (€1.23 per month)
        30 Day FREE Trial - No Credit Card Required.

This should be added on the order form since a lot of people are getting confused. Got messages asking why they're being asked to pay.

Comment

Looks good yav!

Comment

Originally posted by BoingBoingBoing View Post

This should be added on the order form since a lot of people are getting confused. Got messages asking why they're being asked to pay.
            Yep, I forgot to mention.

Originally posted by yav0r
            We just synched the new things on the order form, check it out.
            Thanks Yav!

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
              We just synched the new things on the order form, check it out.
              That's good Yav - thank you. A small point maybe - but if the text relating to the free trial was coloured - say in RED - it would stand out better and certain to get the attention of the client.

Just a thought!

Comment

Very nice Yav.

Comment

Originally posted by Rug3r View Post
                  Very nice Yav.
                  ​Thank you yav!!

​Why did it attempt to quote Rug3r???? weird anyhow thanks yav!!
                  Last edited by doneritehosting; 29-09-2016, 05:51 PM. Reason: ???????

Comment

It's looking good Yav. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the new 30 day free trial. This feature sounds like a great idea but there are some things which I still don't understand how they work.

1. I use the custom order form (RP API) which is set up to redirect the user to my "thank you page" after the payment. I use the "thank you page" as a goal in Google Analytics to track the sales. With the new system when the user finishes the payment from the control panel, will be still redirected to this page?

2. How does the domain registration work? I tried to register a free trial account and as the order form has a field where the user can register a domain name I guess the domain he fills in during his signup is stored in a database and registered when he completes the payment, right?

3. I the free trial account I do not see any option how the clients can test their website (I mean access it using a browser). Normally, the user has a domain name, but in the trial version, if I understand it well, they do not have any. I believed that some provisional URL would be available (something like test-subdomain.cloudhosting.tld) but cannot find such option in the control panel. In the welcome email there was mentioned a temporary URL (http://justtesting.us.tempcloudsite.com/), but even though I have created a test file "index.html" in the "www" directory using the file manager this URL does not work (the error says something about a problem with DNS address). Could you explain it to me how does this work, please?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by webhostingtoplist View Post
                        2. How does the domain registration work? I tried to register a free trial account and as the order form has a field where the user can register a domain name I guess the domain he fills in during his signup is stored in a database and registered when he completes the payment, right?
                        Thanks!
                        Not really an answer to your question, but the domain section should really be removed on the signup form. I know it's a way to kinda "trick" people into registering a new domain, but those who just want to sign up for a web hosting trial or a VPS hosting plan would have to sign up again because you can't cancel the domain name registration once you're inside the control panel (not 100%, please confirm).

Originally posted by webhostingtoplist View Post
                        3. I the free trial account I do not see any option how the clients can test their website (I mean access it using a browser). Normally, the user has a domain name, but in the trial version, if I understand it well, they do not have any. I believed that some provisional URL would be available (something like test-subdomain.cloudhosting.tld) but cannot find such option in the control panel. In the welcome email there was mentioned a temporary URL (http://justtesting.us.tempcloudsite.com/), but even though I have created a test file "index.html" in the "www" directory using the file manager this URL does not work (the error says something about a problem with DNS address). Could you explain it to me how does this work, please?
                        The temporary URL has never worked for any of my clients. I just tell them to sign up again with a Freenom domain name (they usually just give up during this) so they can try out the service.
                        Last edited by BoingBoingBoing; 22-10-2016, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Yep, a automatically created subdomain url perhaps based off the username would be a good idea to implement in case the trial user does not have a registered domain on hand to point at the test account. Even the ability to create one from the control panel during the trial would be nice

Comment

I would not remove the option to purchase a new domain, that would be removing a revenue stream for impulse sales at the last moment. I was suggesting adding the option to create a subdomain on the signup form for free trial use or the ability to create one from the control panel... this would be very convienient for people to try the free trial yav.

Comment

Got ya Yav
                              ​Its Kinda a darned if you do darned if you don't situation there with the subdomain feature, yet if not provided a total newbie (and there are zillions) would probably move on without buying a domain to try the services...

​One thing that could be done to keep subdomains on a trial base and encourage domain sales is to do the same thing you guys do with reseller store subdomains. Do not allow provided subdomains for trial purposes to be indexed by search engines (if that can be done). Gives the prospect a way to try the services in full and if they want a serious site then purchase a domain at the end of the trial.
                              Last edited by doneritehosting; 24-10-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

LMAO, now yav, I was just putting forth an idea that's all... phishing sites I understand, yet you will have them on free or paid accounts. I actually thought php mail features were disabled on the free trial accounts and included only limited pop / imap / smtp capability. As I indicated, I do understand, but shucks cant blame me for suggesting something that might would help
                                Last edited by doneritehosting; 24-10-2016, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X