New 30 Day Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 30 Day Trials

This is a great marketing feature that I personally have been waiting to see! +1 RSP!!

​I do have a question of one restriction that have been placed on the free trial accounts though. MySQL space @ 100mb. What happens if a customer signs up for a trial account and tries to migrate a existing site and their MySQL database is larger than 100mb? I'm sure this would be common, my sql database is larger than that for my reseller site...
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 23-09-2016, 02:15 PM.

That is not mention in blog post

Comment

I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the trial Yav and if I did my apologies... However these free trials are going to attract existing webmasters and they are going to want to test their existing site in our live hosting environment. Everything offered is suited for that except MySQL. Just thought I would bring that senerio up... Unlimited space for a trial is crazy and would not ask for such for a trial but enough to accommodate a active wordpress site would be great if you would consider it

Comment

I was just asking if you would consider it, that's all Yav. I understand why you guys are restricting @ 100mb lol and I didn't expect anything to change immediately... but the senerio eventually is gonna come and if they cant test live then the prospect will move on...

Comment

Its depend how much people will take trials, it can be huge impact on all resource. They and we don't wanna to experience system down time because someone abuse databases and mail servers. This is nice surprise

Comment

Got you Yav and its a pity people are already abusing a good thing... here's to hoping the apple cart does not get upset!

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
              The trial version of the package is not for clients to migrate live sites It is for them to test the hosting environment. But to answer your question, they will need to upgrade to the paid version of the package they have created, obviously.
              I'm a little confused. Does this mean that websites hosted on a free trial plan are not going to be accessible to the public?

Comment

No, you got wrong websites hosted on free trial are live and accessible but with imitations obliviously. That mean that you can test website and hosting but you can't migrate big websites (if I get it right).
                So you can host website and have traffic for 30 days or whatever time, but if you want full access to all features and upgrades you have to buy some hosting plan. Only when you get paid plan you can transfer big sites.
                Hope I helped you.

Comment

Hi,

Yes this seems to be a great initiative, but I do have a suggestion please.

1/ It says in the blog - "NOTE: The 30-day money-back guarantee will come into force as soon as the client completes the signup procedure, be it on the first or on the last day of the trial period."

But I notice this is not mentioned under the option for the client to pay for the hosting. Eg where it says "To fully unlock the capabilities of your web hosting account, please complete the sign-up process."

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add it there - to remind them they still get a 30 day MBG after payment? It may encourage them to buy sooner?

Last edited by index.html; 26-09-2016, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r

Good suggestion I will pass it on Mr. Index .
                    ​Another one would be any domain promotions being offered Yav as I understand from support free or discounted domain promotions offered by the reseller also apply after the 30 day trial.. Good one there Index

Comment

Is this 30days trial is only for shared hosting or for all offers? Better to ask than roam (old Serbian proverb).

Comment

Its just for shared hosting... I was real excited hoping to offer this for semi-dedicated accounts and asked support of it.

Comment

All web hosting packages I get it VPS and Dedi are Server hosting packages. How can I be so stupid sometime

Comment

I'm the same way bandzy, I thought it was all hosting services too LMAO... would be nice though if semi-dedicated could be added to this promotion, no matter the limitations... semi-dedicated is the cats meow for a ecommerce webmaster that does not want to manage a server or pay for managed servers.

Comment

Yes and they are affordable too.

Comment

Working...
                              X