Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make website installer more user friendly by...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make website installer more user friendly by...

properly categorizing the site types. For example, as it is now, if you filter by e-commerce or forum, you get mostly templates that are neither ecommerce sites nor forum sites. If there are any relevant templates in the results, they are buried deep.

It's been like this for a long time so I'm guessing there is not much interest in it, but I thought I'd post this suggestion anyhow.

Its a good suggestion. Anything that makes things easier for a paying customer is a plus in my opinion.

On this note. There was supposed to be a native inhouse site builder in development too. Yav is this still in the works?

Comment

Hello,

We have plans to implement the Softaculous SitePad Website Builder in the Hepsia control panel, so I assume that the current website builder will not get updated.

Once the new Hepsia control panel is fully developed, our developers will start working on the implementation of the new website builder.

Best Regards,
      Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

interesting news!

Comment

+ 1 on that Cvetan, Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Well, you guys just made my day. I could name something that would make it even better, but I think I'd be beating a dead horse on that particular topic, lol. So I will settle for this!

Comment

I was going to say that having the ability to do monthly billing for shared hosting would have made my day better, as it's been something that, well, everyone has been close to begging for for years now with no movement from upper management (I'm not going to name who I'm thinking of for privacy reasons, but some will know who I mean) who don't want to implement it for whatever reason. As for SitePad, I did look into it a bit over the last 24 hours or so and found that holy **** I like it. It seems like it's a whole lot better than Weebly, which is what I've been using, but I haven't tested them out yet to be sure. But yeah, I'm sure everyone here will agree with me that we would love to see monthly billing for shared hosting integrated at some point. Well, I said I'd be beating a dead horse, but you, my friend, asked and by doing so and opened the door, so, lol.

Comment

Yeah, but you did open the door, so, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
                  I was going to say that having the ability to do monthly billing for shared hosting would have made my day better
                  I knew you were going to say that. lol

You're right, better quit while you're ahead and not beat that dead horse.

But since you already beat it, let's all have a go at it....

Personally, I don't think that monthly billing is really necessary at this point in time in the hosting game. While a lot of hosts do offer it, they tend to hide or discourage it, and the price is SKY HIGH. Even their longer billing periods go SKY HIGH after the first term. So, IMHO, quarterly billing (at a reasonable price with a MGB and no hanky-panky with doubling and tripling the price after the first term) would be equally as attractive as monthly billing in the eye of the consumer who is not beholden to CPanel. CPanel users that are beholden to CPanel are impossible to convert to a lesser-known CP like Hepsia and are a poor target market for RSP free resellers. (Please, do not misunderstand, I said lesser-known, not lesser quality. I believe Hepsia is a great CP and personally prefer it over CPanel. I used to HATE Cpanel, but, of course, that was about 8 years ago. Maybe it's better now, I dunno.)

BUT...there's that dead horse again. Let's leave him alone FFS! He's just a heap of broken, bleached bones at this point...lol

Comment

Originally posted by vrepub View Post

I knew you were going to say that. lol

You're right, better quit while you're ahead and not beat that dead horse.

But since you already beat it, let's all have a go at it....

Personally, I don't think that monthly billing is really necessary at this point in time in the hosting game. While a lot of hosts do offer it, they tend to hide or discourage it, and the price is SKY HIGH. Even their longer billing periods go SKY HIGH after the first term. So, IMHO, quarterly billing (at a reasonable price with a MGB and no hanky-panky with doubling and tripling the price after the first term) would be equally as attractive as monthly billing in the eye of the consumer who is not beholden to CPanel. CPanel users that are beholden to CPanel are impossible to convert to a lesser-known CP like Hepsia and are a poor target market for RSP free resellers. (Please, do not misunderstand, I said lesser-known, not lesser quality. I believe Hepsia is a great CP and personally prefer it over CPanel. I used to HATE Cpanel, but, of course, that was about 8 years ago. Maybe it's better now, I dunno.)

BUT...there's that dead horse again. Let's leave him alone FFS! He's just a heap of broken, bleached bones at this point...lol
                    This would probably be better off in a new thread but I'll give a go at it.

There are some companies that are well known that are not so sky high with monthly billing and clients expect to pay a higher fee anyhow for being billed monthly.

My thoughts of implementing monthly billing as for it benefiting RSP as a whole is this. On average the reseller here is starting out with no reputation as a service provider and its hard to gain that kind of trust. Most people even newbies are reluctant to invest in a full years hosting service because they are afraid the company will take a dump on them and be out of a years hosting fee. Sure We offer a free hosting trial and a additional thirty day MBG, but what about the other 10 months? What happens if the company takes a dump over the next 10 months. cPanel reseller plans have made it easy to startup 1 horse hosting shows that are there one day and gone by nightfall. Just cause there is no staff to handle support.

Implementing monthly billing would be a much cheaper way for users to carry on their hosting service with us after our 30 day trials without having to fork out a years worth of hosting up front to keep the service going and keep building confidence in RSP's services and may grow to annual customers. I dont know what hourly wages are in other countries but most people I know in the southern USA that fool around with hosting a site are Young, working in a gas station or a grocery store for far less than $12 an hour without a college education, self educating themselves to follow the online dream. To make money online. Most of these people cannot afford to come off a years hosting but could afford a real $7 a month hosting payment cause they live month to month, sometimes they have no choice. This one thing may not hit home but this is why I chose a semi-dedicated plan over the in-house enterprise plan. I could have done pretty much what I wanted to do with enterprise but even @ wholesale its much easier for me to cough up the wholesale $15 per month payment for semi-dedicated (and get lots more btw, loving semi-dedicated) than it is to pay the wholesale for a year of enterprise. Every household has budgets and sometimes the monthly budgets speak louder than long term yearly savings.

I'm not talking bad of RSP's current system and in ways I understand why its setup that way. RSP offers one of the best deals on a years hosting with a free domain anyone can ever find on the web. I just feel with alternative monthly billing implemented RSP could open up a whole new market share for themselves and every reseller they support, all 500k + of them. Thats a lot of advertising with some freshly motivated resellers, old and new alike.

Sorry Yav, I know we have chatted of this to great extent in the past, but you had to know I would chime in on this one.
                    Last edited by doneritehosting; 25-05-2018, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X