Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Privacy changes should not hide 'OUR' client details?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy changes should not hide 'OUR' client details?

When I signed up as a reseller with RSP - it was acknowledged that everyone who signed up under our reseller accounts were OUR clients. RSP provided a while label service, which kept them anonymous in the background. Many of us even pay for our own DNS clusters to further promote our independent identity.

The references to the term Your Clients is also used multiple times throughout the RSP website - it does NOT say anything about them being RSP clients. LiquidNet is the only other identity mentioned on financial docs as our payment processor.

But now it seems OUR clients details are hidden from us. How can RSP hide OUR own clients details from resellers - this goes against every principle of business proprietorship, which RSP has always promoted to resellers.

Clients sign up under OUR business identity [our reseller domain] making us the principle contact, service provider. As such they become OUR clients - as I again reiterate, is acknowledged multiple times on the RSP website.

In fact, on our resellers store Privacy Policy it clearly says; - This Privacy Policy describes the policies and procedures of [reseller] and its partners - LiquidNet US LLC [and] For the sake of brevity, [reseller], LiquidNet US LLC and LiquidNet Ltd. will be referred to as [reseller] in this document

This clearly acknowledges resellers as an identified party for collecting visitor/client details and therefore gives us the write to have access to them as long as they are not passed on or abused. The privacy policy also permits access to the information via 3rd parties in order to provide services which is how RSP can have access to OUR clients details, even though clients will have never heard of RSP.

In the light of this I suggest RSP re-visit their interpretation of the new privacy policy changes and correctly acknowledge resellers rights to access client information because;
    1. they are OUR clients.
    2. our rights provided for, within the Privacy Policy

At the moment the interpretation is actually the reverse of what it should be and needs correcting as soon as possible
    Last edited by index.html; 31-05-2018, 01:50 AM. Reason: lets try again

hi index.html, I totally understand your frustration and share many of the concerns. But I also understand why RSP have been forced to introduce these changes because of the EU GDPR ( https://www.eugdpr.org ) which took effect on the 25 May 2018. The regulation was introduced by the European Commission (an un-elected body who are the sole body capable of introducing legalisation in the EU) and every one of the member countries of the union (28 vassal countries) and European Economic Area (EEA) members have no choice but to comply with it!! The problem is that this regulation has far reaching effects on everyone, worldwide. In many cases it causes more problems than it actually solves!

Basically if a company collects/processes the data belonging to a "European citizen" or a citizen living in the EEA, they must comply with the legalisation. My inboxes have been filling up with GDPR emails this past month and I am truly sick to death with it!

Comment

hi-were you folks considering shutting down the free reseller program? if so do you know what would have happened to our existing clients? thanks

Comment

yav0r As you have an American registered company (LiquidNet US LLC) and a UK registered one (LiquidNet Ltd), would there be a possibility of splitting the business, Into two programmes? Basically EU and rest of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          yav0r As you have an American registered company (LiquidNet US LLC) and a UK registered one (LiquidNet Ltd), would there be a possibility of splitting the business, Into two programmes? Basically EU and rest of the world?

That's an interesting question and suggestion except why the headache of managing 2 separate programs? Be easier on the staff just to move the whole program to the USA. When a user signing up for services select the country where they live, have the backend hide their details if they are directly affected by the EU doo-key. That's one way around it Yet that is also a lot of work for RSP DEV's.

Truthfully I dont see why this wouldn't work under the present setup too. If a user intentionally lies of where they live they are willingly circumventing the EU law themselves and that should be on the user not RSP. There again I'm not a lawyer either, just thinking out loud LMAO!
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 02-06-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Well Yav the EU is not the whole world. Just a small part of it. Yet the whole world seems to be accomodating what a organization has decreed for a small part of the world. I still say set everything in the backend for resellers and hosting clients alike when they select their country let that decide to hide whatever info needs to be hidden. This organization has made it bad for EU citizens and not the whole world. U talk of RSP and segregating people yet its not RSP segregating. Its the organization that created this EU bull-dookey thats segregating. Thats my opinion and it dont mean squat of course

Comment

RSP has our support in this. It's not an ideal change, but then none of us, including RSP, can control the regulatory environment. I think the team reached a great solution that allows the free reseller program to continue operating, enabling entrepreneurs all across the globe. Keep in mind, too - this new rule no doubt increased the costs that RSP has to incur and they have not raised prices. I think that's fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
                RSP has our support in this. It's not an ideal change, but then none of us, including RSP, can control the regulatory environment. I think the team reached a great solution that allows the free reseller program to continue operating, enabling entrepreneurs all across the globe. Keep in mind, too - this new rule no doubt increased the costs that RSP has to incur and they have not raised prices. I think that's fantastic!
                LOL I 100% agree Stealthy! Clivejo made a interesting comment and I was expanding on it. In addition I've never floated a banner or anything off my reseller site so I suggested a different way it might be handled without floating banners off every reseller site. If I wanted to float anything of a banner off my WP reseller site I could adsense it and make extra income off that. (in theory of course lol) but hey if a site visitor didnt like what I offered click on the adsense and $$ in my pocket. Just my opinion of course

Comment

Working...
                X