Letsencrypt cert for the forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letsencrypt cert for the forums

Would it be possible to install a free Letsencrypt SSL cert for the forums?

Hello, clivejo ,

At least for now the forums will remain accessible only via HTTP.

Best Regards,
    Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Is there a purpose or reasons for keeping it on http?

Comment

Originally posted by c.ivanov View Post
        Hello, clivejo ,

At least for now the forums will remain accessible only via HTTP.

Best Regards,
        Cvetan Ivanov
        any updates after 1 year?

Comment

I usually don't like rocking the boat but not responding and fixing something that is so simple like adding the Let's Encrypt to the forum url should not be that difficult to take care of. As I posted elsewhere, this forum and Reseller plugin is like an old house that has not been renovated in many years of age and neglect which makes the value go down. Thankfully, the framework is good and I still think the plugin has great potential if they can wean themselves off using only their themes and allow all of us to customize our WP sites using any themes we like so long as the themes themselves meets the WP standards. WooCommerce, Membership, Gravity Form, Learn Dash LMS, and many other plugins do it right. This means the plugins should cater to WP and compatible with all themes that meets the same WP standards. I really believe with the right people, they can overhaul that plugin to where it works for today's site building including sites using page builders. They need to package it so that it does not rely on themes to use a set of codes within the function.php file and make the plugin to be independent from being restricted to those sub-page WP themes from reseller.com. I strongly believe there is a big enough market that we all can tap into to make it profitable not just for us developers but also for Reseller.com.

I for one would volunteer my time for testing. I am too old to get back into coding but I have no problem testing and giving my feedback. Meanwhile, the ship is sinking.

Comment

I usually don't take the time to answer such trivial matters but newseed's spam on the forum has caught my attention. We have exactly 0 plans to update the themes and the plugin. We are working on a different direction and right now all our devs are working on the new reseller control panel. You may continue to "give your feedback" no matter how repetitive it will not change anything.... It is a FREE program we offer API so roll your sleeves and actually do some work... as we certainly won't do it for you! As for the SSL for the forum clearly you haven't got a clue. Not everything is "like wordpress" and that is all I am going to say!

Comment

Working...
            X