Order's Shouldn't Require Phone Verification or Be Pending After Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order's Shouldn't Require Phone Verification or Be Pending After Hours

As a US based reseller, one of the main frustrations I have is with on boarding new clients because their accounts are often pending for extended periods of time.

Apparently, it is Reseller Panel's approach to voice verify all new customer accounts and to only confirm orders during 6am to 6pm GMT.

This is problematic for a couple of reasons, namely that the primary business hours of 6am to 6pm GMT don't align well with US time zones. Outside of that, it seems a little unnecessary given all the other major web hosts (GoDaddy, HostGator, Bluehost, Siteground, etc) allow customers to simply input their credit card details and their hosting account is ready to go (aside from DNS propagation) and confirmed immediately.

Seems to me, to be more competitive in that sense, user friendly, and customer minded it might be worth considering just automatically approving purchases regardless of client as long as the billing information provided can process by the payment processor.

You do realize that your suggestion would bring tons of fraud to you... Perhaps for you as a reseller, it is ok because you are not burdened with transaction fees at all since we cover them and you simply collect your profits... But hey here is a deal: why don't you use our API and bill the customers yourself thus eliminating what you see as an obstacle?

The current working hours for the sales department are TEMPORARY and should resume 24/7 support somewhere in July/August 2023.

Comment

As far as "hey here is a deal, why don't you use our API"...this area is for suggestions and that's merely what this was.

From a fraud perspective, I didn't think it would have a much different profile on your end than any other web host that offers instant activation.

Currently, I'm using an altered version of the Reseller Panel WordPress plugin and theme, which appears to be an iFrame, but I can certainly look into implementation with the API.

As a sole freelancer, my objective is to separate myself as much as possible from the billing and keep that direct between client and Reseller Panel, because God forbid if I pass away or get hospitalized, I want to ensure the tools I build for billing don't require me to maintain them in order for clients still have a smooth invoicing experience. I'm trying to think ahead in some ways in regards to that and some of that is a learning experience.​

Comment

If we do not provide instant activation and we start (which is absolutely different for companies that already do) the chargeback rate would increase, our deposits in payment processors will increase and so does the chargeback fee... Of course "any other host" is not comparable as no other host will just give you money and take care of all transaction fees as far as the billing is concerned. So the comparison is absolutely irrelevant at best.

And for some that "cant wait" the whole will suffer as all the prices would have to be increased of course. So no, that is not an option at all for us. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Is there maybe a compromise solution where resellers can "pre-verify" certain customers, on the understanding that any lost would be taken from reseller deposit? Maybe a one time code that could be generated in the RSP back end and typed into the sign up form?

Maybe even expand on that, for allowing some customers to get wholesale rates as well, if they sign-up using a one use code.

Comment

Working...
          X