Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to explain extremely slow connection nationwide for 12+ hours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to explain extremely slow connection nationwide for 12+ hours?

Hello,

Many of my clients (all in my country) have complained of extremely slow connection to their websites from yesterday afternoon, and the problems still remain.

Since RSP says there is no problem, I suppose the problem is somewhere between my country (in northern Europe) and the US.
    1. I would like to hear from other European resellers if you experience similar problems.
    2. I would be happy if someone could show me some enlightening web resources that could explain what we are experiencing, so I know what to answer my clients. Why does a usually good connection suddenly become extremely slow for 12+ hours?

Thanks.

maxa, what country are you in? It may be possible that your country is attempting to block a certain IP range, which includes those owned by RSP.

Comment

Yesterday, RSP support said about one particular case that the reason was Cogent Communications ( WASHINGTON, DC Internet provider) but that the problem was solved. However, the problems continued.

Today, when make tracert for clients that has problems, there seam to be a delay at x.cogentco.com (I'm not an expert at this). Ten of twenty hops is at x.cogentco.com...

I now have five clients that threaten to close their accounts because of this. Could I please have some reaction from RSP on this issue.

Comment

I'm in the UK, and haven't had any slow connections to the websites I host. There was some problems logging in though, seemed to take a while but I was still able to update all my sites via FTP as quickly as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by facternet
          I'm in the UK, and haven't had any slow connections to the websites I host. There was some problems logging in though, seemed to take a while but I was still able to update all my sites via FTP as quickly as ever.
          Thanks for your input. At a closer look it seams like the problem is with sc41 only. http://forum.resellerspanel.com/showthread.php?t=1971
          Is sc41 in a diefferent Data Center?

Still waiting for RSP's input on this...

Comment

Yes! I have one of my accounts on SC41 and the loading is ******!

BREZTECH.

Comment

Are these sites utilizing PHP and/or MySQL, or just straight HTML? I've got a client on 41 with a straight HTML site, and it's loading fine. I'm on the East Coast of the US.

Comment

Yes, these clients all use MySQL for theis websites.

Still wondering what happens at the ISP x.cogentco.com that has 10 of 20 hops of a tracert...

Still waiting for RSP's input on this...

Comment

maxa, I have spoken with the system administrators on duty and they said that there were no current reports regarding any connection problems to server 41, so I assume that whatever the issue was it was already resolved. From your description of the problem it seems that there was a routing problem in Cogent Communications' network. If I recall correctly this is not the first time we have experienced problems with this particular ISP, but there is hardly anything that we can do about such ISP problems.
                  To answer your question from some of the previous posts, yes, server 41 is in a different data center in Houston, Texas (along with servers 38 through 40, if I remember correctly).

Comment

Working...
                  X