Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Warning: Undefined array key "extension" in /home/www/resellers_forum/includes/vb5/template/bbcode.php on line 4176 Change text on the front page - 3Box? - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change text on the front page - 3Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change text on the front page - 3Box?

Hi,

I'm using the template named 3Box. There is some text on that page as you can see in the uploaded file attachment below. Obviously, I'm referring to the text that starts with "There are many reasons why you should have a web site"

How do I change this text? I know it can be changed because I have seen another RSP reseller's site that is using the 3Box template and it is completely different text.

Anyone know where in my control panel I can change this text? I have been looking around now for over 20 minutes and I cannot find where that section is in the CP.

Many thanks.
    Attached Files

The text that appears under the banner at the top of the 3box reseller template depends on the option that you have chosen for Area 2 of the Edit Boxes tab of the Website Template section of your reseller control panel. If you choose an option different from one of the 3-Click Hosting options from the drop-down menu for Area 2 of the Edit Boxes tab of the Website Template section of your reseller control panel, the text under the banner will also change. Unfortunately, however, there is no way to preview the respective text from the reseller control panel when before the change is made. Also, please have in mind that it may take up to 45 minutes until the changes you have made are applied to the reseller template.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
      The text that appears under the banner at the top of the 3box reseller template depends on the option that you have chosen for Area 2 of the Edit Boxes tab of the Website Template section of your reseller control panel. If you choose an option different from one of the 3-Click Hosting options from the drop-down menu for Area 2 of the Edit Boxes tab of the Website Template section of your reseller control panel, the text under the banner will also change.
      I see. I never realized that.

Unfortunately, however, there is no way to preview the respective text from the reseller control panel when before the change is made.
      That would be very convenient and I'd definitely like to see RSP implement the preview of this text in the control panel.

Also, please have in mind that it may take up to 45 minutes until the changes you have made are applied to the reseller template.
      I am aware of that and I have to say that I am quite annoyed by it as well. I remember when I first signed up with RSP over a year ago o so, the changes in the CP used to take place pretty much immediately within the template. I really wish there was no 45 minute (or less) delay. This delay makes it very annoying for live stores that are getting traffic and making sales. You really have to make sure that you don't make a mistake or else it could take 45 minutes after you catch and correct the mistake for the mistake to actually be corrected within the template. Bummer. Not good. Not good at all.

Thanks for answering my question.

Comment

Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
        That would be very convenient and I'd definitely like to see RSP implement the preview of this text in the control panel.
        I will pass your suggestion to our Marketing Department.

I am aware of that and I have to say that I am quite annoyed by it as well. I remember when I first signed up with RSP over a year ago o so, the changes in the CP used to take place pretty much immediately within the template. I really wish there was no 45 minute (or less) delay. This delay makes it very annoying for live stores that are getting traffic and making sales. You really have to make sure that you don't make a mistake or else it could take 45 minutes after you catch and correct the mistake for the mistake to actually be corrected within the template. Bummer. Not good. Not good at all.
        I do not like this as well, because it makes things very difficult to test, in case if a reseller reports an issue with a template. In fact, I have argued about this with the development team on a couple of occasions. However, the development team has introduced this delay to leverage the load on the server that stores the database used for generating reseller templates and improve the performance and general browsing experience for visitors of the reseller templates.

Comment

I will pass your suggestion to our Marketing Department.
          Thanks. But now that I think about it, what would be even better of a suggestion would be that we would be allowed to enter our own text if we want to. That would make the templates more useful, I think.

Comment

But now that I think about it, what would be even better of a suggestion would be that we would be allowed to enter our own text if we want to.
            I will pass this suggestion to our Marketing Department. However, I think that it would be relatively difficult to implement, since each reseller will put a different amount of text into such a field, which would make it impossible to predict the right size for this field, which might result in damage to the overall layout and design of the template.

Comment

I will pass this suggestion to our Marketing Department. However, I think that it would be relatively difficult to implement, since each reseller will put a different amount of text into such a field, which would make it impossible to predict the right size for this field, which might result in damage to the overall layout and design of the template.
              ??? It wouldn't. It would just push down whatever is below. I just started to explore the 3box template and I'm really disappointed that we can't edit the front text. I'd say that is one of the most importend features we need. Today it is impossible to make a RSP website unique enough to show up on Google. Since all resellers websites have basically the same content, they are all punished by Google for beeing duplicate content. If we could just change the above discussed text (as we can in the "about us" page), we would do a lot better in SERP, and sell more.

Comment

Originally posted by maxa View Post
                ??? It wouldn't. It would just push down whatever is below. I just started to explore the 3box template and I'm really disappointed that we can't edit the front text. I'd say that is one of the most importend features we need.

You are absolutely right. If they can do it for the "about us" text, they can also do it for the front page text.

It's not even so much about the SERPs. It's more about having text that matches your business's marketing and targeting goals.

Sure, it would push down all the other stuff below it if you put too much text in it, but you can either just not put too much text or RSP developers can put a character limit on it - like a 700 charachter limit or somthing.

This should be something very simple for RSP developers to do and it's actually pretty important. They should have thought of this the minute they decided to have text on the front page.

Of course, if implemented, the text box in teh Reseller CP should probably also allow HTML, however just straight text would be better than the way it is now.
                Last edited by Guest; 28-10-2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Entering are own text is a great idea. The more unique we all can make are sites the better.

Comment

I was watching this thread for awhile. I also agree that being able to change this text would make things even more personal. It could be a marketing "plea" that is relevant to our respective target markets, instead of just general text (which is Ok, don't get me wrong - but I think our needs could be better met if we could enter our own text).

Comment

I have forwarded this suggestion to our Marketing department as I have said in my previous post. As always, however, I cannot guarantee that it will be approved and implemented.

Comment

Thank you, Milen. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X