Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great news: Pre-installed Script! Does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news: Pre-installed Script! Does it work?

I just saw the intresting new feature on the order forms:
    Pre-installed Script, where you can choose a script with the order.

I guess we will see some news about this soon, but did someone try it already? How does it work? Is the script installed on the root folder, or where? If you choose lets say Joomla, how do you get the login information?

I'm quite excited about this

Originally posted by maxa View Post
    I just saw the intresting new feature on the order forms:
    Pre-installed Script, where you can choose a script with the order.

I guess we will see some news about this soon, but did someone try it already? How does it work? Is the script installed on the root folder, or where? If you choose lets say Joomla, how do you get the login information?

I'm quite excited about this
    Try it?If you want to try,then you have to proceed to order,with a success payment.

Comment

Most questions are answered in this post. Great news! I just wish two things:
      1. That the email with user details is not emailed to the client if the order is made through the manual order form in the RSP CP, if set to "Send Welcome Mail to: Reseller".
      2. That the choice of script could be appended to the order url or remote order form url. I mean, in the same manner as we can descide what hosting plan should be pre-selected in the order form, it would be great if the pre-installed script could be pre-selected by the order-url too.

Comment

maxa, I will pass both your suggestions to our Marketing and Development departments. As always, I cannot guarantee the approval and implementation of any suggestion.

Comment

maxa, according to one of our developers the second option is already available the variable name is &script=scriptname. Possible values for scriptname are:
          Code:
          4images-gallery
          b2evolution
          classifieds
          coppermine
          dokuwiki
          dotproject
          drupal
          fuzzylime
          gallery2
          geeklog
          help-center-live
          joomla10
          joomla15
          maian-events
          mambo
          mjguest
          moodle
          movable-type
          nucleus
          open-realty
          openads
          oscommerce
          os-commres
          php-fusion
          phpbb2
          phpbb3
          phpcoin
          phpformgenerator
          phplist
          phproject
          phptickets
          phpwebsite
          plogger
          smf
          textpattern
          websitebaker
          wordpress
          xoops

Comment

How would this feature be attractive to clients/potential clients?

Comment

I think it is quite obvious how the possibility of buying an account with a preinstalled script would be attractive to some potential clients. They would be able to add content to their site right away without bothering with script installation, which is even more convenient for some clients than installing a script through Elefante, as easy as it is.

Comment

Milen I think it is quite obvious how the possibility of buying an account with a preinstalled script would be attractive to some potential clients. They would be able to add content to their site right away without bothering with script installation, which is even more convenient for some clients than installing a script through Elefante, as easy as it is.
                I wouldn't recommend either of those methods to clients. Most, if not all, of those scripts are freely available, open-source scripts. It's always better to go and get the latest version and install it. Also, I think most clients do not want a strictly out-of-the-box installation.

Comment

dean, all of the scripts installed through Elefante are open source and freely available. Of course, it is always better to download the latest script version from the site of the script creators and install it on one's own, but there are hosting clients that are not familiar with script installation and don't want to bother with it. The Elefante caters to such clients, and there are many of them (perhaps not among your target customers, but definitely among the target customers of other resellers).

Comment

Working...
                  X