Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Elefante Installer - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elefante Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elefante Installer

Any word on the Elefante installer's status? Is it still in beta?

I gave it a try with phpBB and it failed pretty badly.

The Elefante installer is still in beta testing stage. Possible bug reports and suggestions for software improvement are very welcome!

Could you try to delete the script you have problems with (including the database) and re-install it from scratch?

Let us know if the problem persists.

Comment

Yesss I got my plan now as well.
      And I have to comment on 2 scripts that has been made available.

1st is the forum called YaBB SE, this should not have been made available in my opinion as that project ended some time ago. Their wont be made updates to it, not even when it becomes vernable.
      That team has fired up a new project called "Simple Machines Forum (SMF)" and is basically build at a higher level then YaBB SE, they took their experience over to their new project.

I know they are a bit sceptical about re-distributing but do know that they allowed Fantastico since shortly to re-distribute through their auto installer.
      Perhaps they might allow e-l-e-f-a-n-t too.

2th, I see an script called "Invision Power FM v1.0.1" which is really not Invision Power FM v1.0.1 when I follow the link (I did not installed to make sure).
      I purchased really all products that Invision developed and their official website to Invision Power FM v1.0.1 is

Comment

I've been trying to install phpList for a couple of days but failed completely. Tried to reinstall several times. There seems to be no help...

Comment

I finally came through with the phpList script. If anyone is interested, I shared my insights at http://forum.resellerspanel.com/show...=4253#post4253

Comment

Isn't it funny how things work or don't work on different occassions.

I installed both phpList and phopBB yesterday and I had no problem whatsoever. Both installed at first time of asking and both are working fine although I have had time to utilise them yet.

Regards
            lucky ............. heh! maybe I am just lucky

Comment

Well that's great news for our customers that Elefante improves. The only bad is that I spent 10 minutes writing that worthless instruction today
              (Hope that you are not just lucky, luckybeggar =)

Comment

dotProject and other groupware

I have installed dotProject and PHProjekt and they both worked flawlessly. Another good thing is that both scripts were allowed to install into the same db (the business plan only has 1 db as standard) this was a pleasant surprise because this did not work on another host's server.

Now onto my question. I am planning on using dotProject as the development framework for a groupware project I have been asked about but the version that Elefante installs is 1.0.2. Version 2.0 was released on April 1, 2005. How long will it take you to upgrade to the newer version (now and in the future)? Also, how will upgrades affect existing installations?

Thanks.

Comment

yep alot of the auto install scripts are all outdated and old.

Comment

no problem encountered in phpBB installation myself and coppermine image gallery using the elefante installer.

I did asked for an updated Mambo CMS to be installed insteads of what is available but was told that I should download it and install it manually because they are not going to update their list of scipts at the moment.

CWreseller is correct...lots of them are old and outdated.

Comment

Please, quote the specific script that you like to be updated and I will make a list and forward it to our development department. So far, there are requests for:
                      1. dotProject
                      2. Mambo
                      3. ...
                      If I have missed anything, let me know.

Comment

scripts

I think that it would be best if the developers, that support Elefante, checked for new versions of offered software at least once a month. This would provide a reliable roadmap for resellers and also ensure proper installation of patches that fix, at least, the major bugs.

I would also recommend adding more.groupware to your list of groupware offered via Elefante.

Cheers.
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-05-2005, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X