Did anyone manage to install phpList?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone manage to install phpList?

Did anyone manage to successfully install the phpList script? In that case - How did you do it? I'm almost givin up. I've tried RSP support & phpList Forum. On the Forum many seem to have the same problems but receive no or poor answers. I start to think this is a worthless script...
    Obvious is that Elefante cannot install it propoerly today. Hope RSP can change that or take away the script from the list.
    I would have given up long time ago if it was not because I'd like to be able to recommend to my customers those scripts that we already have on the server.

Okay, I've finally mastered the phpList and found that it's a great script. Sorry for my negative attitude before.

Thought i would share my experiences and hope it might help someone.

Here’s the tricks:

1. Install phpList with Elefante.

2. Since Elefante doesn’t install it with the right permissions, you need to manually change all .php files to 755, a quite time-consuming task.

3. Elefante does not configure the file config.php correct. You need to get into the file manually and change row 46 and 47. Below is an example, viewing row 44-47 in my config.php, but yours depend on the folder you’ve installed in.
    # if you change the path to the PHPlist system, make the change here as well
    # path should be relative to the root directory of your webserver (document root)
    $pageroot = '/phpList/public_html/lists';
    $adminpages = '/phpList/public_html/lists/admin';
    4. Log in at /lists/admin/. PhpList will tell you that your database is out of date. You need to go to Setup (from main page) and choose Initialise Database. You will get a warning here of some kind (I don’t remember what it says) and what you need to do is to force an Initialise, which will erase everything in the database. Only after this, phpList will work.

5. Do your configurations and enjoy a great (and free) script.

Bugs:
    Don’t touch the “CSS fr HTML messages without a template”. There is a bug. If you edit it, everything turns Times New Roman and you wont be able to turn it back. If you don’t like the standard Verdana font, make your own template.
    There are some more bugs but I have other things to do now

Good luck.
    Last edited by maxa; 23-04-2005, 07:07 AM.

Comment

doesnt take much time to CHMOD files when you use FTP

Comment

Originally posted by cwreseller
        doesnt take much time to CHMOD files when you use FTP
        Yep! I'm telling you, FTP is the only way to go!

Comment

Gr8, I've installed phpList manually and also found details about how to fix it on the phpList forums, and I think this is a very rare problem.

I couldn't find a recursive(-r) CHMOD function in FileZila, so I used another app. going fast now.

Now I'm happy again !!!

Comment

Working...
          X