Question Of The New Binary Storage Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question Of The New Binary Storage Service

Read the blog post and its a great upgrade addition...
    Couple of questions though.

1 : You say in the blog post that binary storage will appear as an upgrade to accounts using 100+ gb of space. At what amount of space usage on shared / semi-dedicated services do you actually force this type of upgrade?

1a : Will this upgrade effectively raise current email storage limits on shared type accounts without having to upgrade to vps?

2 : Will a similar upgrade for space be made available for vps services? A media / file hosting site on vps for example could certainly benefit from this type of upgrade.

Just curious of intentions
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 16-04-2014, 12:42 AM.

I'm confused too, on reading it I thought it was a Dropbox type thing? But now I have no idea!

Comment

Way I am taking it clivejo is an account that has grown large enough to conflict with terms of service of shared hosting, the account owner can now choose to purchase dedicated space for their account and remain on shared hosting rather than upgrading. I'm curious as to whether this increases mail storage limitations for shared accounts too. I use Imap and keep all my important mail in the cloud, lesson learned hard by puter crashes lol...

Also a like service would be very cool for vps accounts... if you haven't reached your cpu limits of a vps account but need more space just purchase a 100gig for $9 a month... pretty sweet if you ask me..

Comment

Id like to know the technical details! Can it be mounted as a File Storage in VPS?

Comment

Yup, there are a lot of unanswered questions as to functionality of this service.... from the way I read the blog post the service is only available shared / semi-dedicated plans... having this feature on vps would sure increase scalability!

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not just me, but I'm almost certain RSP has gotten extremely slow when it comes to answering questions on the forums.

Comment

Hello.

1) In cases where our Terms of Service have been violated and the client has Storage, that is not website related content, but they still want it on the server

Become a hosting reseller with no initial investments. Sell cloud web hosting at low prices with the help of our private-label reseller program.

Customers are not allowed to use their hosting accounts as a remote storage server only or solely for the purpose of sharing (un)archived images, programs or sound files. At least 80% of all files and/or total megabytes used (including MP3, WAV, RA, GIF, JPG, ZIP, RAR, but not limited to these file types) in each hosting account must be a part of actual, active website(s) content, i.e. all content files must have corresponding HTML or PHP files that link to them. Audio, graphics and/or video files must be must be under 25% of the current web hosting disk usage and must never exceed 50 GB in size. Furthermore, such media files may amount to no more than 50% of the customer's total monthly traffic usage.

Disk Space & Traffic - ResellersPanel offers generous amounts of disk space and network bandwidth. Customers must not allow other websites or hosting servers to link to files stored in their hosting accounts, and thus steal network traffic. In order to escape unjust distribution of the resources, as well as possible sharing of illegal content, Customers are not allowed to use their hosting accounts as a remote storage server only or solely for the purpose of sharing (un)archived images, programs or sound files. At least 80% of all files and/or total megabytes used (including MP3, WAV, RA, GIF, JPG, ZIP, RAR, but not limited to these file types) in each hosting account must be a part of actual, active website(s) content, i.e. all content files must have corresponding HTML or PHP files that link to them. Audio, graphics and/or video files must be must be under 25% of the current web hosting disk usage and must never exceed 50 GB in size. Furthermore, such media files may amount to no more than 50% of the customer's total monthly traffic usage.

1a) YES!

2) No. The VPS Servers Storage is completely different thing.

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

Thanks for the info Tom, however either there is a typo on the blog post or someone has some mis information in the chain because the the blog post states that this upgrade will not appear in the control panel until a user has exceeded 100gb of space usage.... By the information you have provided from the current TOS the user will have been suspended long before the upgrade option will appear @ 50gb ....

Direct link to the blog post: http://blog.resellerspanel.com/hepsi...e-upgrade.html

Comment

They usually give a warning before suspending the account. Back when the 3% CPU limit was in place I got an email saying one of my accounts was using more than 3%. I had no clue what was causing it, but the tech guys found the problem which was a run away script. My own fault, but at no time was I suspended.

Comment

Yea I had that issue once before too.... RSP was great working with me.....

This exerpt from the post:

"Users can find the storage service in the Upgrade Services section of the web hosting Control Panel. It will appear as an upgrade option to users who have more than 100 GB of used disk space:"

You see? the option will never appear as an upgrade because you cannot use more than 50gb of space....

Comment

Hello.

The 50GB file limitation is regarding Audio, graphics and/or video files only.

Like you have noticed - we will warn the users first.

We will work with them, investigate what the issue might be and if it is possible - resolve it.

We will never force an upgrade and we will always do our best to help before suspend.

Best Regards,
                      Tom.

Comment

Working...
                      X