Cam feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam feed

Would I be allowed to use an account to provide a camera feed updating via FTP say every 5-10 mins?

If I created an ftp account (ie mycam_mydomain.com) to the mydomain.com/images directory and instructed an IP cam to ftp to the server every 5 mins. Can anyone see any issues?

Depends on the camera software really. You will most deff. need a dedicated IP for the host to which the camera will connect to I suppose. Again I haven't heard of camera uploading pics via FTP. Most of the them stream directly to a server via an IP address so I would probably not be the most trustworthy advisor in this case

Comment

Are you aware of any limits on FTP connections? Such as connections per hour, etc ..

I've run a test uploading a small photo 160px × 120px which is 15,216 bytes every 10 minutes.

15,216 x 6 x 24 = 2191104 bytes per day (2.09MB)

Ill probably not be uploading at night, as there is not point in wasting resources taking black photos!

Comment

The only restriction is that no more than 3 simultaneous connections are allowed via FTP so you should set your FTP upload software right.

Comment

Thank Brother

Thank Brother for info

Comment

Working...
          X