Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why dont I have Varnish in my hosting account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont I have Varnish in my hosting account?

I have been reading about the Varnish cache which might speed up access to my Word-press site. My web store is hosted from an older web hosting account and I have searched the Control Panel and cant see an option to enable Varnish anywhere.

I logged in as reseller to a new account, which does have the option. Is it something needs to be switched on?

varnish isn't for reseller cp, but is for hosting cp (hepsia).

however, this is a paid upgrade service.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
      varnish isn't for reseller cp, but is for hosting cp (hepsia).
      I understand. I didnt explain myself very well. I dont use the free resellers account to host my site. I use a paid for hosting plan. I openned a ticket with support and its because my old is an old type and needed to be migrated. I was migrated over night and now have the Varnish and NodeJS in my control panel

Comment

Hi clivejo,

If you want to speed up your WordPress please read my article http://www.dpawhs.com/my-web-hosting...s-speed-up.php I have many tips there. Also you can use www.GTmetrix.com to analyse your site and make improvements.
        Last edited by clivejo; 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM. Reason: Added link to www.GTmetrix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Millie5
          Is hosting cp (hepsia) can be called as brain.. Please anyone tell me, How to set up URL Frame in cPanel?
          Open a new thread in the cPanel Support forum - http://forum.resellerspanel.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

I only use the Hespia CP now and gave up on cPanel years ago after my host in India decided to leave me hanging!

EDIT : Original post from Millie5 was deleted as that account was later involved in spamming the forum.
          Last edited by clivejo; 02-03-2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterAchutha View Post
            Also you can use GTmetrix.com to analyse your site and make improvements.
            Nice tip there Peter! I run the site through GTmetrix.com and found that by enabling gzip and enabling browser caching on certain elements I've increased access time by x3 !! All simple, easy fixes to the .htaccess file!

Comment

Glad to be of help. I was not sure if I could help as I had been going through many of the messages and some were of quite an advance level. Wow, what a relief and thanks for the comments.

Comment

Ive actually run a few of my sites through now and found a lot of ways to improve the speed at which the pages load. All of them are very dynamic and are generated as and when they are needed. However, adding caching details to logos etc is a very worth while exercise and also gzip the pages can cut down on page loading times too. I'm very impressed!

I hope you dont mind that Ive added a link to the website for ease of use by other members.

Comment

Not to worry about the link.

I also found that if your pages are small ie simple HTML no fancy PHP or other code then it is faster not to compress. But with WordPress the pages benefit from compression.

Also you can try Pingdom.com for analysis. Pingdom will tell you if you have set up or configuration problems on your server if your emails don't work.

Comment

in our environment even though we have varnish (frontend) w/ apache (backend) somehow logged-in users are able to bring apache to it's knees, it probably have something to do with following:

// do not serve cached pages for logged in users
                    if (req.http.Cookie ~ "SESS[a-f|0-9]+") {
                    return (pass);
                    }

Comment

Working...
                    X