Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Server running out of memory

Anybody,

I need a little help. I have a virtual private server with 2.5 GB of RAM. My PHP.ini file says that PHP is only allowed to use 256 MB of RAM. Yet, the server is constantly maxing out the memory at 100% and then requires a reboot. There is only one site on the entire server.

So my question to anyone with the knowledge to help, why is the server crashing when PHP is only using a fraction of the entire server memory? Is this just because Apache can't handle the load? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

What operating system are you using? is it self managed or Hespia Control Panel?

Running the following command will give you a snapshot of what processes are running and the percentage of RAM being used.

Code:
    ps aux
    If it happens over time, you may need to write a small script to log the output to a file every minute until the problem happens.
    Last edited by clivejo; 09-02-2015, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Hello.

masonjd, have you resolved the issue? If not - have you opened a Support Ticket?

Let us know if you need further assistance with the issue!

We are always ready to help out.

Best Regards,
      Tom.

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. The problem is sort of resolved. I just upgraded the server to the next higher version of VPS. The server is not crashing anymore but I don't know if this is a permanent fix or if I just increased the threshold before it does crash. I think the issue was with Apache not being able to handle the traffic rather than a php problem. For now, I will consider this resolved.

Comment

Working...
        X