Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird PHP redirect on form submit

Anyone,

At least two different customer's of mine are seeing some very weird behavior with their sites the last couple of days. Specifically, when certain combinations of characters are typed into a text box and submitted to the site, the browser is automatically redirects to the home page with no errors or indication of what went wrong. Because this is happening on multiple sites (and multiple accounts) all on the same server I assume that this is being caused by a recent server configuration change. This issue is occurring on a shared cPanel Reseller Plan. I have done the following things to troubleshoot the issue:

1) Determined a minimum set of characters that cause the problem. 'w fg is not e'
    2) Combed through the error log file and found nothing that indicates what went wrong.
    3) Changed the php version running on those sites to every version available to the server and got the same behavior. (versions 4.4, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.4(native))

One customer sees this occur on a custom-written php page. The other customer sees this behavior in their WordPress blog using WordPress 4.1.1. If you run a WordPress blog you can attempt to recreate the issue by taking the following text, w fg is not e, and creating a quick draft on the dashboard page of the admin section of the site. See the attached screenshots showing how to replicate the issue.

Any ideas, or similar experiences that you can give me to help me figure this out are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jared

Click image for larger version

Name:	PHP_Error_in_WordPress.png
Views:	190
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	60142 Click image for larger version

Name:	PHP_Error_In_WordPress_2.png
Views:	214
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	60143

UPDATE: I have written a very simple php script that is simply a form with a textbox and submit button. The form just submits back to itself. If you paste the characters mentioned above into the form and submit it you will end up being redirected to the home page for that site. It is very weird. This does confirm that the problem has nothing to do with the script. It is a server setting some where.

Comment

Great idea. I will do that and let you know if it works.

Comment

yav0r, Your suggestion resolved the problem. I will open a ticket to learn what exactly is causing the issue. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X