Email problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email problems

I have been experiencing a bunch of problems with email recently with the private dns cluster mainly. I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with theirs?

Email seems to be working fine for me and I use a private DNS *touches wood*

I wonder what is happening, email used to be all done from ******* cluster (dot) com Have you tried using mail (dot) ******* cluster (dot) com to check your mail? What errors are you getting?

Comment

I was fine for a while and all of a sudden my Outlook started asking me to verify user name and password for almost all of my accounts. As long as I was on private dns it wouldn't work. When I switched to mail.*********** it would work. But then that stopped for a while too. One of the major problems was that one of my clients could not reply to emails sent to him. The reply would never get to the destination. I've been working on this for several days now. Support says it is an ISP problem, ISP says it is a host problem. Talk about a Merry-go-round.

Comment

To be honest it sounds like IP addresses are being changed and DNS records being slow to propagate the internet. Do you use SPF on your private DNS?

Comment

Our Problem

I had a customer who had problems. His hosting server was switched From California to one in Chicago.

When his email quit, I helped troubleshoot. Turns out some of his MX records were missing. I added one and that email account began to work. We asked Support to redo his MX records and add what is necessary. They said it was in progress. 12 hours later the addresses were still missing, so I manually added them.

If you want to see if there is an error with an email address, go here and anter your full email address (ie fred@myemail.com).

Use our free Email Verifier to validate and verify any email address. Email Verification made simple with our Email Checker.

You should get 3 check marks.

If a MX record is missing, step 2 will fail. Mail will be held by servers trying to get to the hosting account. Fixing an MX records may almost immediately start email flowing again.

The place to view them is in the control panel (shared hosting) yours are at MY DOMAINS, DNS RECORDS.

Comment

Nice tip there Mark! Have all your email problems been sorted out now?

Comment

Finally they have been resolved and no, it wasn't an ISP problem.

And Mark, aren't you in Hawaii?

Comment

the same..

yes I suffer emails problems too since the migration, despite a bad config in the registrar, support found a bad config in the WHM so they make a big....

Comment

Problems with e-mail can be from your local service provider for the Internet. Check with the administrator, if they have a support e-mail programs, because many disable this feature to prevent spam.

Comment

Working...
                  X