Order form not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order form not working

As you can see on this page, I get a permission error on my order form.

Any advice?

Hey dj,

Do you have outgoing connections enabled in your control pane? If you do try disabling it.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
      Hey dj,

Do you have outgoing connections enabled in your control pane? If you do try disabling it.
      This is probably a stupid question, but which control panel?

Comment

Not the reseller panel, but your web hosting control panel for your hosting plan.

Comment

As mister donerighthosting has pointed out it is likely to be that the Outgoing Connections Manager (aka firewall) is enabled and blocking the connection. Also bear in mind that the API IP address changed a few weeks ago too.

However, I’m not 100% convinced that this is the problem. The plug-in seems to be able to pull your prices and plans via the API so that indicates that comms with the API is working.

EDIT :

api.ds and hostingmynet.ds are using two different IP's. Try adding the IP 198.23.53.73 to your Outgoing Connections Manager and that should fix it.
          Last edited by clivejo; 23-02-2013, 06:03 PM. Reason: New info

Comment

I think master clivejo also posted a thread about the api IP changing.... whoops I forgot about that clive

Comment

Found it, disabled it, and now it is working perfectly! Thank you so much doneritehosting and clivejo!

Comment

If at all possible try and leave the Outgoing Connections manager enabled and add an exception. If you are ever hacked it will block outgoing connections which could be used to steal data or remote control your website. So its very much a damage limitation tool. The more security there is at different levels the harder it is for hackers

Comment

What IP addresses should I add to only have a connection between my site and RSP?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                    As mister donerighthosting has pointed out it is likely to be that the Outgoing Connections Manager (aka firewall) is enabled and blocking the connection. Also bear in mind that the API IP address changed a few weeks ago too.

However, I’m not 100% convinced that this is the problem. The plug-in seems to be able to pull your prices and plans via the API so that indicates that comms with the API is working.

EDIT :

api.ds and hostingmynet.ds are using two different IP's. Try adding the IP 198.23.53.73 to your Outgoing Connections Manager and that should fix it.
                    You must have missed this dj,
                    In clives edit he gave you a IP to try 198.23.53.73 LOL.
                    To tell the truth I dont like the api being affected by outgoing connections. RSP changes an IP while you are asleep and you wont even know it and in your case would not know it unless a visitor complained or you happen to check the order form yourself.
                    Last edited by doneritehosting; 24-02-2013, 03:28 AM. Reason: More information

Comment

You're right, I didn't see the edit

I added the IP and it works fine! How often do the IP addresses change that effect us using the API?

Comment

To be honest I dont think they change that often. I think the change was due to the data centre migration, so now that’s over and behind us the next big change will be IPv6 addresses I would reckon that RSP will be working on a default white-list for the Outgoing Connection Manager and it will be implemented so resellers dont have to do this manually.

It entirely up to you and your policies on security. Its a feature that’s available free of charge and makes life difficult in the event of a hacking attempt so I’m all for it!

Comment

LOL, I agree with you clivejo and when the dust clears from the migration and IPv6 updates and everything stablizes I'll re-enable it.. I dont have a problem with security

Btw while on that note there is a free plugin available the will let you implement ssl on any page of your wordpress site you want called "WordPress HTTPS" for the resellers that want to implement ssl on the first page of their order form.

Comment

Working...
                          X