Mailing Lists Lost After Server Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailing Lists Lost After Server Move

My account was recently (a few days ago) moved to the cloudlogin server in Chicago (previously on sc105). In the move, all of my Majordomo mailing lists were deleted and recreated, meaning I lost the subscriber lists for each mailing list.

Support said there was nothing they could do about this. Is there any hope for getting my mailing lists back? I really did not expect to lose these lists during a server move, and wasn't given time to make backups of anything (nor was I expecting to need to backup this part of my account).

Any hope?

Originally posted by tmorton View Post
    My account was recently (a few days ago) moved to the cloudlogin server in Chicago (previously on sc105). In the move, all of my Majordomo mailing lists were deleted and recreated, meaning I lost the subscriber lists for each mailing list.

Support said there was nothing they could do about this. Is there any hope for getting my mailing lists back? I really did not expect to lose these lists during a server move, and wasn't given time to make backups of anything (nor was I expecting to need to backup this part of my account).

Any hope?
    request them to restore from back up

Comment

This was the original response from support. It does't sound like they have the backups anymore.
      Our administrators reported that there is no option for a restore of the lost data as our old servers are already shut down. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Comment

Become a hosting reseller with no initial investments. Sell cloud web hosting at low prices with the help of our private-label reseller program.

Backups are only kept for a period of 7 days.

so why cannot restore ? Try to reply to the support and insist to request them to restore the back up.

Comment

When I messed up updating a clients website last week I asked if that file could be restored from a backup. They said that they could not restore a particular file but they could restore the entire site based on the last backup. Which I was happy to let them do.

Wondering if there is just a lack of communication here? Might try asking about that?

Comment

I have never used Majordomo mailing lists so I cant really suggest anything on that.

I would assume that the mailing list would be run by a database back end, mostly likely MySQL and as far as I'm aware this is backed up to a different machine on the network. Maybe look into how Majordomo works and explain to Tech Support in your ticket, what part of the database you need recovered.

I know its hard when your angry and upset, but try to be super nice and very clear in the way you communicate with support. Remember they are people like you and I, they aren’t mind readers and sometimes its hard to gasp what someone is asking you to do via a short ticket description.
            Last edited by clivejo; 27-02-2013, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X