OpenVZ VPS + CentOS + DirectAdmin and User quota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
    you know, sometime the support have to handle a lots of tickets and in order to compile to 1 hour respond guarantee, they have to reply quickly.

i believe in your case, either they have overlooked or the support guy is not well trained.

anyway, have your issue completely resolved ?
    I can live with overlooking things. But I was bluntly told my VPS had no problem.....

I can also live if resolving a ticket takes a it longer than one hour

What I can't live with is unprofessional support that has really no idea what they are talking about. Under trained really doesn't cover my expressions.

This just ruins a good company setup ResellerPanel could have been. I can't afford to have my own customers exposed to this kind of no-clou support. For my ow business I also can't accept having this kind of unprofessional tech support for the VPS I plan to run a business on. Nobody should accept this kind of amateuristic business operation from a hosting provider. It's a real deal breaker.

Comment

Please dont take this the wrong way, but I too am failing to grasp what your question is.

You asked "Are user quota enabled for the OpenVZ VPS container by default?"

What quota's are you talking about? I would assume your quota for your container would be the specifications you paid for in terms of 'virtual' CPU, RAM, disk space and bandwidth.

How you admin the server is then down to you by setting quotas for users if your VPS is shared.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
        Please dont take this the wrong way, but I too am failing to grasp what your question is.

You asked "Are user quota enabled for the OpenVZ VPS container by default?"

What quota's are you talking about? I would assume your quota for your container would be the specifications you paid for in terms of 'virtual' CPU, RAM, disk space and bandwidth.

How you admin the server is then down to you by setting quotas for users if your VPS is shared.
        Hi,

Thanks, and no offense taken. You just asking a question.

I am pointing to: Disk space quota for users.

When using a VPS you have two kind of quota

The disk quota allocated to your VPS, that's what you pay for.

The second kind of quota is the kind you can use inside your VPS.

If you host website each inside it's own user account. you can assign a portion of disk space to each of them.

In a OpenVZ environment this is called: Second-Level Quotas for Container

If you want to manege users on your VPS you can do this with DirectAdmin. You can order this with your VPS. to work Second-Level Quotas for Container needs to be switched on by the person how configures your VPS, you can't do that from inside the VPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
          In a OpenVZ environment this is called: Second-Level Quotas for Container

If you want to manege users on your VPS you can do this with DirectAdmin. You can order this with your VPS. to work Second-Level Quotas for Container needs to be switched on by the person how configures your VPS, you can't do that from inside the VPS.
          Ok....... I think I got it.

The hardware node administrator needs to edit the config file for your container and change the default value of QUOTAUGIDLIMIT=0, is that correct? This will allow you to set-up user accounts in the container and give them a quota?

Comment

Can you post your Ticket Number please?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
              But surely that's cutting your nose off to spite your face? Would a 32bit OS running on top of 64bit hardware not be slower in the end up?
              32bit ontop of 64bit hardware = 32bit speed with half the cpu capability wasted but with some memory gains.. however 64bit os ontop of 64bit hardware running 64bit apps = speed advantage + stability. Id rather take the memory hit.. Its not that much to upgrade the vps to ovz02 with 1.5gig of ram and 500mhz more cpu if its needed.

Comment

Working...
              X