Installing Wordpress via the Applications Installer locks PHP to 5.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Wordpress via the Applications Installer locks PHP to 5.3

When I use the Applications Installer in the Hepsia CP to install Wordpress it places the following line in the .htaccess file

Code:
    SetEnv PHP_VERSION 53
    This locks the PHP version to 5.3 and can cause havoc with plugins etc

Is it possible to configure the App Installer to not do this? As it has given me a headache on two occasions now!

Hello clive,

I spoke with our developers and they confirmed that this code in the .htaccess file has been removed already.

I made some tests on the shared hosting environment and it seems that the Application Installer is not creating such .htaccess.

However in order for the change to apply to your Hepsia based Virtual Private Server you will have to reboot it.

This way the server will download the updated control panel system files and the Application Installer will not create the already mentioned .htaccess file.

Best Regards,
    Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Hey c.ivanov,

Since we are somewhat on the subject of PHP versions. On 8/31/2014 I tried to update a Hepsia based Virtual Private Server to PHP version 5.6 and got the following Wordpress error:

"Your server is running PHP version 4.4.9 but WordPress 3.9.2 requires at least 5.2.4."

I submitted a support ticket about the Wordpress error and was advised by support at the time that the highest usable version of PHP for Hepsia Based Virtual Private Servers was PHP version 5.5.

In Hepsia Based Virtual Private Servers there are options to upgrade to PHP 5.6 and PHP 7 (beta).

Currently, what is the highest usable version of PHP we can upgrade and/or use on Hepsia based Virtual Private Servers without getting any Wordpress PHP version errors?

Also, in the shared hosting environment the MySQL version is currently at 10.0.19. In the Hepsia based Virtual Private Server environment the MySQL version is at 5.1.61.

At least in my case it seems the MySQL version for Hepsia based Virtual Private Servers also needs to be upgraded. Is this possible/planned for Hepsia based VPS's?

Thanks

Comment

figzoo, the PHP version can be over-ridden in a .htaccess file, by the line I mentioned above. Have a look in your hosting directories and check that nothing is overriding it.

To double check, just create a new file (ie php_version.php) with the following:

PHP Code:
          <?php echo 'Current PHP version: ' phpversion(); ?>
        and open it in your web browser. This will give you the version running in that folder. By placing the "SetEnv PHP_VERSION" command in a .htaccess file you can control the version.

Comment

Hello figzoo,

As for the MySQL version on the Hepsia Virtual Private servers, if you have scripts that require a higher version you can open a support ticket and request the upgrade of the MySQL version.

For now we are updating the servers per request.

Best Regards,
          Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Thanks clivejo and c.ivanov very much for your help.

Clivejo, it's nice to know about the code you shared. I will add this bit of knowledge to my memory bank for future reference.

c.ivanov, I successfully upgraded the Hepsia VPS to PHP version to 5.6.7 and the great RSP support upgraded the Hepsia VPS MySQL version to 5.5.38. I'm very happy. Thanks.

I played around with PHP 7 (beta) on my "dev" Hepsia shared hosting environment, and everything checked out good except W3 Total Cache Wordpress plugin's code is not ready for it yet and was throwing a few errors and not caching pages etc... Obviously this is not a problem with RSP at all.

Just PHP 7 is still in beta and some Wordpress developers haven't yet gotten their code quite ready yet for PHP 7. I think it's great RSP is already upgrading our severs and prepping for PHP 7 and I hope all major Wordpress developers get with the program soon. PHP 7 is looking very good for the future.

I will keep my PHP version at 5.6.7 for now until PHP 7 is fully tested and Wordpress developers have upgraded their code to comply with PHP 7. But again I think it's awesome RSP is already making PHP 7 available to us on our severs.

Thanks,
            Last edited by bigtime.php; 28-08-2015, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X