Issues After Sign Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues After Sign Up

Ok signed up for the free program to test the service which was greatly advised and appreciated, bought the hosting and transferred my domain to reseller but really getting some serious email issues that reseller cannot seem to figure out, maybe good I never transferred all my clients over to them.

I can receive emails but cannot send, been told to use IMAP, POP3 nothing works, ports told to use do not work. Tried in Thunderbird as told it can send from one account to another account but not to another email address, I think they are out of ideas and just keep repeating what to do which I have done.

Also the starter does not have cron jobs so had to upgrade should be specified.

Had a number of issues getting the wordpress templates installed which was finally fixed.

I like the control panel but there are too many issues using this service. Bit stuck as I paid for these upgrades, hosting and transfers. Now trying to do the cluster DNS it wants to add a renewal of the domain for me to get it done in the reseller panel.

Wow this is much.

Lets try and sort out the issues one at a time. Firstly, lets test your emails. Please go to the webmail service, at the following URL

Code:
    w e b m a i l . s u p r e m e c e n t e r . c o m
    NOTE - For some reason the forum filters out certain URL's, please remove the spaces.

Enter the FULL email address you set-up in the Control Panel. i.e. your.name@yourdomain.com and your password.

Try sending and receiving a test email to a service outside ie hotmail, gmail etc
    Last edited by clivejo; 04-03-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mlstomer View Post
      Ok signed up for the free program to test the service which was greatly advised and appreciated, bought the hosting and transferred my domain to reseller but really getting some serious email issues that reseller cannot seem to figure out, maybe good I never transferred all my clients over to them.

I can receive emails but cannot send, been told to use IMAP, POP3 nothing works, ports told to use do not work. Tried in Thunderbird as told it can send from one account to another account but not to another email address, I think they are out of ideas and just keep repeating what to do which I have done.

Also the starter does not have cron jobs so had to upgrade should be specified.

Had a number of issues getting the wordpress templates installed which was finally fixed.

I like the control panel but there are too many issues using this service. Bit stuck as I paid for these upgrades, hosting and transfers. Now trying to do the cluster DNS it wants to add a renewal of the domain for me to get it done in the reseller panel.

Wow this is much.
      I ran the nextlevel wordpress reseller template on a starter plan and wp-cron worked fine... I had no idea you needed other than that.. As for email problems... do you have a dns cluster or are you directly hosting your domain in the hosting account? Need to know this..

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
        I ran the nextlevel wordpress reseller template on a starter plan and wp-cron worked fine... I had no idea you needed other than that.
        cron jobs are different :P

mlstomer : can I ask the reason why you need cron jobs?

Comment

Just going off mlstomer said he was going to use his own wp template clivejo,

Comment

Originally posted by mlstomer View Post

I can receive emails but cannot send, been told to use IMAP, POP3 nothing works, ports told to use do not work.
            My question is, are you trying to send an email from a smart phone or from your computer?

Comment

vlasi,

I've never had a problem using email, pop3 or imap, off my hosting account on my smartphone I just use the same settings from my notebook on the email client on the phone... atrix 2 android att.. If you have words of wisdom to share please do, reading between the lines sounds like you have had a client or two thats had problems...
              Last edited by doneritehosting; 05-03-2013, 02:37 AM.

Comment

That's correct, I have. I have a client that for some reason cannot reply to his emails when using his smart phone. I don't recall at the moment what type he has or what network he is on. If he uses webmail it works fine but if he has emails sent directly to his phone he cannot reply. So far, we haven't been able to figure out a solution. Oh, by the way, his account is on one of my dns cluster accounts. Don't know if that is part of the problem or not.

Other clients of mine don't have that problem.

By the way, I used to set my email accounts in accordance to the site name. POP3 and IMAP were like mysitename.com after having a lot of problems sending and receiving lately I had to change to mail.sup***cluster.com for dns cluster names and to sup****center.com for non dns cluster. That seemed to fix my problems. I haven't tested the previous settings for a few weeks to see if they are back in working order.

My problems occurred with the change to Chicago, but my client had problems for at least a year before the change.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
                  That's correct, I have. I have a client that for some reason cannot reply to his emails when using his smart phone. I don't recall at the moment what type he has or what network he is on. If he uses webmail it works fine but if he has emails sent directly to his phone he cannot reply.
                  If your clients email mailbox works in web-mail, as I described above, then there is a client settings problem. If you still cant send emails via the web-mail, then there is a server/mx issue.

Usually, the main issue with sending email from a client is authentication. With RSP you have to log in with your FULL email address and password in order to send an email, on port 25 of the SMTP server. Both incoming and outgoing use AUTH PLAIN, therefore dont use any encryption.

Comment

Can you be a little more specific about the "client settings problem". He has no problem when using webmail. But, when he uses Livemail on his smartphone he cannot reply to his emails.

The settings he has used on his pc and the settings he used on his smart phone were identical. On his pc he could reply but not on his smart phone. That is what makes the problem so strange.

Comment

Can you be a little more specific about the "client settings problem". He has no problem when using webmail. But, when he uses Livemail on his smartphone he cannot reply to his emails.

The settings he has used on his pc and the settings he used on his smart phone were identical. On his pc he could reply but not on his smart phone. That is what makes the problem so strange.
                      My client faced this problem before and I found out that it was due to the internet service provider (ISP) blocked the outgoing email port to avoid spam or to regulate outgoing emails. Try to use all the possible outgoing email port eg. 2525 or 587. Most ISP block port 25.

If still unable, then check with the internet service provider for their outgoing mail server and port and use them as last option.

Comment

What type of smartphone is it and what OS version?

Comment

Livemail, sounds like something spun off the windows platform for mobile... Never heard of that client on droid or iphone.

Could you provide also the service that is being used? Personally I jumped on the bring your own phone program with straight talk with my att atrix 2 and captivate.. Phone bill (2 smartphones) immediately cut from $300 month to just shy of a hundred now. Email works flawless with them. It may be as ezyuser posted, the provider blocked port 25.
                          Last edited by doneritehosting; 05-03-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Windows Live mail is similar to Windows Outlook.

My client uses Verizon and has a Droid phone.
                            Last edited by vlasi47gr; 05-03-2013, 11:56 PM. Reason: Added phone details

Comment

Port 25 is not blocked then.. my 1st cousin uses verizon

Just of curiosity vlasi, How come your client is using livemail instead of the default client? Have they tried to set up imap or pop3 email on the default client included with the phone itself?

Comment

Working...
                              X