Not Seeing File Content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Seeing File Content

I can not edit the files using the File Manager's editor. The only change to my home computer recently is the Win 10 upgrade. Could that be the problem? Is any else experiencing anything like this?

More Detail:

From my RSP Hepsia File Manager I right click on a/any file to edit it, but when it opens there is nothing there, only a gray background. I did put in a help ticket with RSP, but they say that they are not seeing the problem and don't have a Win 10 computer to test at this time. In order to edit my files I have to use FTP or the File Manager uploader.

PS: Since adding Win 10 I've been fighting with DNSUnlocker adware. I tried to restore to Win 8.1, but it says that the files needed to restore are no longer on the computer. I don't know if the problem is Win 10, but I had no troubles before.

HELP!!! -

Thanks yav0r. I will download that software right now. I've already tried AVG without success. The problem seems to be in all of my browsers at this time: Edge, Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome. I've removed it from Windows Control Panel, and each browser's Add-On's and Extensions, also with no luck.

Comment

Update: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware did not work. I scanned, found 39 problems, rebooted, scanned again, found nothing. Came online, ads are still there, still can not see inside of files.

Comment

New update: After two more tries with Malwarebytes the adware no longer shows up on any browser but Firefox. Also, even in Firefox it's not showing on all of the pages that it was showing on. Unfortunately it is still showing on RSP Control Panel, but not the forum. I tried to go to Windows Control Panel to remove Firefox with the intention of reinstalling it. I could not find Firefox in the Control Panel. I don't really want to just delete the Firefox directory, because there may be files at other locations.

I may take you up on your offer after a few more tries.

PS: I can now see inside of the files in the other browsers.

PSS: Firefox is the browser I use the most.
        Last edited by iads; 28-08-2015, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Last Update: I did it!!! Everything is working okay now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X