Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal SSL - will it interfere with checkout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal SSL - will it interfere with checkout?

On my Wordpress reseller site when a customer clicks to purchase something they are taken to the order form (which is currently non-secure since I don't have my own SSL) which would be something like...

h++p://MYDOMAIN.com/order-form/get-s...eadfast&plan=1

Then, when they fill out everything and are ready to pay and hit "continue", they are directed to the payment submission page, which is

h++ps://billing.duoservers.com/?s=[session ID here]

So my question is, if I were to get my own SSL cert for my site so that the order page is secure (or maybe even the whole site), making the order page

h++ps://MYDOMAIN.com/order-form/get-shared-hosting-packages/?datacenter=steadfast&plan=1

would that interfere with the session? Would it still pass all the order info to the duosrvrs payment page or would it mess up the session since the customer is passing from one secured cert to another?

Hello,

Assuming the domain is hosted with us the SSL certificate can be purchased form the hosting control panel. Once it is issued just let us know over the ticket system and we will install it for you.

The SSL certificate is for additional security and also it is a nice touch to make your entire Wordpress based store site feel more professional.

This will not cause any issues when the clients are ordering from your store and navigating to the duoservers secure payment page.

Best Regards,
    James Hunt

Comment

The domain is hosted with RSP under my VPS account, but the domain was registered elsewhere (the DNS is pointing to RSP). Does this make a difference?

Comment

Hello,

No, the SSL certificate should be installed where the domain is hosted. It doesn't matter where it is registered.

Best Regards,
        Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Working...
        X