Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring an entire site

Hello all,

This is kind of a stupid question, but please look past that!

I have had many requests to do a "demo" site for potential customers. I would like to setup a site in a subdirectory of my account to show them options before they purchase hosting (and my additional services of setting their site up).

How would I go about transferring EVERYTHING (the database, files, etc.) To a new Web hosting account if they sign up? Surely it's not difficult to do, but I'd love some pointers on it.

-Dalton
    Last edited by djblalock; 22-03-2016, 03:29 AM. Reason: Spell check changed the title!!!

Hello,

The transfer of the files and database of the website is pretty straight-forward.
    Backup the files and database, download them and then upload them in the new hosting account.

However if you are going to move the script to another domain (which is most probably your case), you will have to replace all entries in the database that include
    the previous domain and replace them with the new one. This migration is different from the different scripts and you will be able to find
    more detailed information in the web regarding each script/application.

Best Regards,
    Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

RSP do offer a free website transfer service, you could try opening a ticket and asking them to transfer the site between accounts. You can read more about this here - https://blog.resellerspanel.com/late...explained.html

This is one of the reasons I would like to be able to setup free accounts, so I could demo accounts and if/when my client decides to go ahead it can be upgraded to a paid hosting accounts with little or no effort!

Comment

Clivejo, that would be a great tool at our disposal.

From what I recall, Wordpress transfers should be pretty simple. I think that's the route I'm going to take with most clients.

From what I read in that article, the transfer service is only provided for certain plans. So that means that custom plans (which all of mine are) wouldn't be able to use this service, correct?

Comment

Many hosting providers have tools for this purpose. I think it would be interesting to implement one to be able to develop websites on our account and if, in the end, the client decides to host their website with us, be able to open an RP account for them and migrate the content.

Comment

Originally posted by YASPE View Post
            Many hosting providers have tools for this purpose. I think it would be interesting to implement one to be able to develop websites on our account and if, in the end, the client decides to host their website with us, be able to open an RP account for them and migrate the content.
            Way to unnecessarily necro a 4-year-old thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Resell View Post

Way to unnecessarily necro a 4-year-old thread!
              Well, normally I would agree. But it's not like there's anything going on in this forum.
              Revival of a necro-thread at least puts some life in the forum.

Comment

I plead the 5th... 2 posts and complaining?

Comment

Originally posted by YASPE View Post
                  I am afraid developing a website within your reseller accounts will not be possible as they are not hosting accounts, therefore do not have any hosting services enabled. In any way all our shared and semi-dedicated accounts do have a free trial period offered for end clients, so they can host their domains and develop a website under test environment.

Best Regards,
                  Nick Green
                  Technical Support Department.

Comment

• YASPE
                    YASPE commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Nick, I got it.

Originally posted by NickGreen View Post
                  I am afraid developing a website within your reseller accounts will not be possible as they are not hosting accounts, therefore do not have any hosting services enabled.
                  I think you may have misunderstood the question.

Many resellers have at least one hosting account under their brand, in which they host their own websites, be they personal or business in nature. The question was regarding a tool which could quickly and easily transfer the demo site to a new hosting account. Without having the issues of downloading the entire site (files, databases etc) locally, then recreating them in the new account. This process is an absolute pain in the backside for those of us with very slow internet connections. Even something simple like a resellers share which would be mounted in the client account to copy files would be a great help.

In my mind this would be something like this:

1) Provide the hosting account details (username and password) of the account you want to copy from (ideally this could be any Hepsia account)
                  2) Select what you want copied (files, domains, NS records, email accounts, databases, the kitchen sink etc)
                  3) Provide the new hosting account details, either an existing account or would be great to have the ability to create a new account at wholesale prices, at this step.
                  4) Press a button and the copy happens automatically, no battling with FTP clients to copy things manually
                  5) Enjoy a nice celebratory drink

Comment

Hello,

My bad. I will forward this suggestion to our developers department, so it may be included in a new version of the Hepsia control panel.

Comment

I actually thought that this transfer is a more complex procedure

Comment

Working...
                      X