Letsencrypt.org - Can we use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letsencrypt.org - Can we use them?

Is it possible to use SSL certs generated by https://letsencrypt.org via the Hepsia CP? If not, would you consider it as a feature?

it's very difficult to generate ssl for this provider, I tried in my vps and still unable to figure out.
    but i love to see this as it's free and also won't raise warning sign in browser like cacert.org

Comment

I have been thinking about the same idea as you clivejo as far as RSP creating a Letsencrypt.org integration within the Hepsia Control Panel. I just haven't taken the time to write about it.

I think it's super important for RSP to seriously look into offering "BOTH" Comodo SSL Certificates and Letsencrypt.org SSL Certificates right from within the Hepsia Control Panel. Give the customer the option to decide if they want to pay a small fee for the Comodo SSL's or opt to use the free Letsencrypt.org SSL's for their sites.

The reason why I say RSP should offer "both" is because currently the free Letsencrypt.org SSL has to be renewed every 3 months, but RSP can automate the renewal when they do the integration within the Hespsia CP. But some customers may want the Comodo SSL because it has an Insurance Policy etc....and can be set up for 3 years at a time. So RSP should offer both options to customers right from within the Hepsia CP. Two quick and convenient SSL options. It's a great idea.

VERY IMPORTANT: the web is going to be "ALL SSL." It's happening and quickly. With the http/2 protocol speeding up web browsing for SSL sites and web browsers like Google Chrome and FireFox are already in serious talks about in the "very" near future throwing warnings if your site is not on SSL (or TLS if you want to be accurate about what it should be called).

So if major browsers are possibly going to start requiring sites have SSL (TLS) https connections or show a warning to visitors in the very near future then it's super important that RSP offer "both" Comodo SSL certificates and integrate the Letsencrypt.org SSL Certificates right inside the Hepsia Control Panel. Make it easy, convenient, and even free to get SSL https connections for their sites. Other hosts are already doing it and I believe Cpanel is considering or already working on an integration of Letsencryot.org SSL Certificates.

Good timing clivejo. Yav, lets get it done. I know you guys can do it.

And while your at it, lets also get all VPS and Dedicated servers also updated to support the http/2 protocol. You guys have already done it for shared hosting. Lets get it done for Hepsia VPS and Dedicated servers as well.

Comment

awwww did I spoil the surprise?!?

Comment

Its actually surprising easy to set-up on a VPS or machine you have root access to. Which made me think that RSP were "missing a trick" by not offering it! I'm glad to see you guys are already on the ball and are "keeping your fingers on the pulse".

Have you any ETA on it, or do you need any help testing?

Comment

You are so cruel !!!

Comment

That's great news Yav!!!

I knew figuring out the "renewal" situation for Letsencrypt.org SSL's was going to be a little challenge, but you guys will figure it out.

I look forward to seeing the integration of Letsencrypt.org SSL's within the Hepsia CP and that other secret you are not revealing yet Yav.

This is great news!!!

Comment

I want to emphasize again the importance to offer "BOTH" the current Comodo SSL's and the Lets Encrypt SSL's. Give both a "paid" and "free" choice to customers. I say this because I have recently witnessed issues with Lets Encrypt SSL's not working well in some mobile browsers. Basically Lets Encrypt SSL's are not perfect yet, must be renewed every 3 months (hopefully you'll be able to automate this), and do not come with insurance. So there may be a good amount of clients that may still prefer the current Comodo SSL's.

I'm sure RSP has already been thinking through all of this so I'm probably just beating a dead horse, but just thought I'd mention that I have seen some instances where Lets Encrypt SSL's have had issues. They can improve over time, so it's still very crucial to get an integration done though for all Hepsia based services. And I'm still excited to see what you guys eventually come up with.

Comment

Awesome, good one

Comment

how I never see this post earlier.
                    Hope you manage to get Lets Encrypt

Comment

Originally posted by bandzy View Post
                      how I never see this post earlier.
                      Hope you manage to get Lets Encrypt
                      ​Yav says its coming.... its coming I keep checking this thread for upcoming teasers of "we are also working on providing something else regarding the SSLs which I am certainly not going to reveal now" My curiosity is up on that one
                      Last edited by doneritehosting; 26-08-2016, 03:19 PM.

Comment

You can actually install the Let’s Encrypt ACME client locally or on your VPS (root access required), then use that to issue SSLs which to install in Hepsia.

Search "Install Let’s Encrypt to Create SSL Certificates" in Google for Linode's article.

I have been doing that for my clients for several months already.

Dumped all DV Comodo/RapidSSLs in favour of the Let's Encrypt just because of the auto-renew...

Comment

Hey Tom,
                          Great to see you stop in. Thought I'd take a sec and say hey!

Comment

Little Tom?????

Comment

Tom had a son/daughter? If so, then indeed congratulations are in order! And may I also say we miss you here, it's always great to see you stop in!

Comment

Working...
                              X