Letsencrypt.org - Can we use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe. Thanks guys, Yav

I have a baby girl. She was born on the 16th of November, 2016.

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
    And may I also say we miss you here, it's always great to see you stop in!
    - Same here That's the reason I logged in. I hope that you all are doing great!

Best Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
      Hehe. Thanks guys, Yav

I have a baby girl. She was born on the 16th of November, 2016.

- Same here That's the reason I logged in. I hope that you all are doing great!

Best Regards.
      Congratulations Tom! All the best!

Comment

Congratulations Tom and God Bless a happy family!!! Tell the lady of the house congratulations from us!!!! And happy Turkey Day to everyone!!

Comment

Yes, again congratulations! And we're all doing OK here. And Yav, I think it was more we guessed and he confirmed ! And agreed, donerite, Happy Thanksgiving to all here who celebrate it!

Comment

Wow, congratulations Tom! I must have missed this post/announcements during one of my spam rampages!

Comment

LOL, clive, I like that one, spam rampages!

Comment

I been trying to get this to work via the github tool but I keep getting an error, I guess it doesn't support Zesty yet?

Comment

Congratulations Tom!

I also want to mention that WordPress Will Only Recommend Hosting Companies Offering SSL by Default in 2017. Add that with the upcoming Google Chrome 56 browser warnings for non-SSL sites on login pages etc.....in 2017 as well.

Time is ticking down for a much needed Hepsia FREE 1 click install SSL solution. Seems the all SSL web will be pushed very hard in 2017.

Comment

My opinion and how I see it:

1. The very first sentence in the statement from WordPress states, and I quote exactly from them: "We’re at a turning point: 2017 is going to be the year that we’re going to see features in WordPress which require hosts to have HTTPS available." - The key word there is "require." They are saying that the promotion of hosts and limiting API connections is just the beginning. The real fact here is that WordPress is basically giving advanced warning to all hosting companies to please start offering a free and easy solution for customers to get SSL activated for their sites.

2. Already addressed in point 1.

3. I certainly wouldn't want Google Chrome's "Not secure" info icon showing up for "any" page of my site or a customers site no matter how obscure you think it might be. Especially since Cpanel and many other competitor hosts are already offering the free Let's Encrypt SSL or some form of free SSL.

-Not trying to "dramatize" nothing. It's obvious the direction the web is going is to be "ALL SSL" and it will get pushed harder by everyone in this industry in 2017. That statement is simply a fact. If you think it's drama, then I think it's a needed drama. Just looking forward to hopefully seeing that Hepsia "FREE" SSL integration you guys have been talking about. And keep the paid COMODO option as well (more options, the better it is for customers).

I'm a paying RSP reseller Yav. Don't worry, I'm on your side BIG GUY. I like the Hepsia CP. Appreciative of any hard work put in by RSP devs. I hope the RSP platform is "always" successful.
                    Last edited by bigtime.php; 02-12-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, I am bigtime. But you are BIGGER YAV!!!

Yes, I didn't mean on the 1st of January 2017, but at some point more on this subject will happen. Your right about WordPress talking smack about security (at least we know they are trying I guess). Yep, I much prefer the Hepsia CP over Cpanel and the hosting RSP provides versus others. That's why I'm a reseller of RSP.

Personally, I prefer the paid COMODO SSL certificates RSP already provides for my own site, but I also understand if other hosts are offering free Let's Encrypt SSL's then my customers will eventually want us to provide that as well. But you made good points about everything already offered for free that would easily cover the cost of an SSL.

I'm looking forward to that NEW Hepsia control panel!!! I'm a big fan of Hepsia based VPS and Dedicated servers so I hope the NEW Hepsia CP will be available for your VPS and Dedicated servers right when it's launched.

Comment

Alrighty Yav, now that's not fair!!! Lets hear a few inside details on the new control panel!!!!

Comment

Hi,

If more websites are going to be using ssl now in the future - I wonder if RSP could look at the pricing of our Comodo ssl certificates to make us more competitive?

A quick search online found numerous sites selling the same Comodo ssl certificates for less that $10pa. Some from a very low $4.95pa! [I won't spam the forum with the links - anyone can do a simple search]

RSP cost price to resellers is $16 per year.

Comment

Any news on this feature, is it still in the pipeline or has it been dropped or put on the back burner?

Comment

Please keep us updated

Comment

So I have enabled some Let's Encrypt and it works great!! Well done and great feature to have!

Is it possible to enable on the domain cluster? So that I can use it on my re-seller stores?

Comment

Working...
                                X