No announcement yet.

What does "Living Website" actually do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does "Living Website" actually do?

It's never been clear to me what StoreMaster's "Living Website" feature actually do.

Does it update the text content of all the pages to keep them fresh? If so, when does it update -- when there are new hosting plans or promos?

Each day, a new store element will come to live.
    What does that mean? Does it add new text or images to the website?

Keep in mind that any manual updates to the page's content/layout will remove it from our update list and it will not receive future updates.
    Let's say I edit a page and add a dot on one of the sections, will that page not get updated anymore? How do I know that a content won't get updated anymore especially since there are so many text sections for a website?

To add it back to this list, you will have to restore it to the default state.
    Do I just restore to a previos version of the page? Which one do I choose out of the hundreds of versions there are?

I do apologize for asking these questions. I'm a newbie reseller. I've had an account since I was in grade school, but I'm only going to start taking it seriously now that I'm out of college. It's amazing to see RP last so long.

Hello,

After your store goes live, we will be updating it automatically on a regular basis by adding new elements, page content and even whole new pages.
    This will make your site look live to the search engines, which they will take as a sign that your site is growing and deserves credit.

The Living Website adds a new "box" on a random page of your store every day.

The Living Website and the future updates are two completely separate features and have nothing in common.
    If you have edited the text of a page or a particular box for a particular service for example and in the future we change this service and this text needs to be changed we will not be able to update it for you unless you restore the page/box to its default version.

Best Regards,
    Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Thank you for clearing it up.

Originally posted by c.ivanov View Post
      If you have edited the text of a page or a particular box for a particular service for example and in the future we change this service and this text needs to be changed we will not be able to update it for you unless you restore the page/box to its default version.
      Is there a marker that states that the page won't be updated anymore? I didn't make a list of pages I've edited so it's going to be tough for me to know which pages those are.

Comment

Hello,

At this point there is no such marker but our developers are working on implementing such feature in the near future.

Best Regards,
        Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Fantastic!

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
          X