Few questions about "Auto-enroll"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions about "Auto-enroll"

This is a great feature! Thanks for adding it in.

1. Can I disable auto-enroll?
    2. (Domain promo question in general) When the promo expires, what will be the pricing of the domain name? Will it retain the price I input before or will it be set to the default RSP price?
    3. Is there a way to automatically round up the promotional price to XX.99?
    4. For the Store Master template, will there be any way to "promote" that there's a domain name promo in the future?
    5. Will these automatically enroll domain names that aren't enabled/sold in the storefront?

1. I meant opt out of the auto-enroll function itself. Not the promos it gives, of course.

Comment

Boing, I am NOT and RSP employee.

However, your usage of the word auto-enroll is a bit confusing. By "auto-enroll" do you mean...

1. Customer being automatically enrolled in the free trial period
      2. Customer being automatically charged money for a product/plan after the trial expires.
      or
      3. Other (please explain)

Judging by the news email sent to me today regarding this new trial feature, here's what I understand.

If you mean #1, I don't think you can turn off the free trial process in your RSP CP (but I may be wrong). All customers have to first sign up for a free trial, then pay for their plan (if they want it) within their Hepsia CP. (RSP, correct me if I am wrong about this process).

If you mean #2, it is my understanding that there is no such thing as being automatically charged for a plan after trial expiration because the customer is not required to give payment info to get access to a free trial. The customer only gives payment info (if he chooses to buy hosting) after the trial or anytime while the trial is in progress...which he can do within the Hepsia CP. (RSP, correct me if I am wrong about this process).

If you want to bypass the free trial system RSP has put in place, you may not be able to use the Store Master Template and would have to have your own hosted site with your own payment processing. However, I'm not sure how that would work on the Hepsia CP end with this new free trial system as I have not looked into extensively as of yet.

Comment

This is exactly what I mean:

Look at the upper right of the screenshot.

I'm wondering if I enable that, will I be able to disable it?

Comment

I see. I thought you were talking about the new trial feature for hosting account.

You can't dis-enroll from promos you enrolled in by yourself. However, try opening a support ticket and ask someone to dis-enroll you from whatever promo you don't want to be enrolled in. they might be able to do it for you.

Comment

It seems I didn't make myself fully clear on #1 and I apologize.

I'm wondering, if I enabled the auto-enroll feature, can I disable it in the future so none of the promotions are automatically enrolled from there on?

Example:

I enabled auto-enroll on October 28. From October 28 to November 28, all of the promos done by RSP are auto-enrolled.

On November 29, I decided, "I don't want to have future promos auto-enrolled anymore." Would I be able to disable the auto enrollment, not the existing promos, then?

Basically what I'm saying is, will I be able to unsubscribe from future promotions via disabling the auto-enroll feature?

There's no clear indication if the feature can be enabled and disabled which is why I'm hesitant on turning it on.

Again, I'm not asking about the domains or the promos. I'm asking about the auto enrollment feature itself.

Thanks.

Comment

Button changes to "Disable Auto Enroll" after you opt in Boing so I assume you can opt out too.

Comment

Working...
              X