No announcement yet.

Domain name setup for VPS (non-managed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain name setup for VPS (non-managed)

When I speak on live chat they give me information that I will get all I need for VPS.
    But in welcome email there are no instruction how to configure domain name for VPS.
    I was found on some blogs that I have just to put A records for domain name.

My Question is do I need some other settings on domain manager like MX NS or other records on hepsia CP

Hello,

In order to host a domain name at your VPS server with Hepsia control panel you can only set an A record to the default route IP of the server at the registrar of the domain then host it in the VPS with the option 'Do not manage DNS' at the Hosting section of your server control panel. Configuring the domain like this will let your domain resolve its content from the server.

If you would like to have the DNS zone of the domain completely managed from the VPS server you can change the NS records for the domain at the registrar of the domain with the ones provided in the Hepsia -> Hosted Domains section. Note that once the NS records are changed up to 24 hours should be provide in order the new records to propagate world wide .

I hope this helps! Let us know if we could be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Technical Support Department.

Comment

I now fully understand what to do thanks.

I have question about VPS speed, network and Disks speed. Where can I ask for it?

Comment

Hello,

At your billing account for the VPS server you should be able to locate the open a support ticket option as well as if your VPS is with a Hepsia control panel you should be able to open a ticket to the support department from Help -> Advanced -> My Tickets -> Open a Support Ticket.

If you have difficulties locating the section to open a ticket you are able to contact our support by live-chat.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Working...
        X