How to install a Let's Encrypt free SSL certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install a Let's Encrypt free SSL certificate

So the first step is to log into your Control Panel and using the menu go to My Domains > Hosted Domains

You will see a list of the domains hosted in your account

Next go to Edit Domain, as shown below:

You will see the following menu:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LetsEncrypt.png Views:	1 Size:	27.5 KB ID:	63126

Using the drop down menu select "Request Let's Encrypt SSL" and click on Edit Host, and that's it! Simple!

You will now see a little icon, telling you that it is now enabled.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	LE_icon.png Views:	1 Size:	22.7 KB ID:	63127

Read more here - https://blog.resellerspanel.com/ssl-...-platform.html
    Last edited by clivejo; 27-04-2017, 11:14 PM.

I am using Cloudflare DNS service, according to the article mentioned about the authentication method used in RSP is
    provision a DNS record (we use this validation method on our platform);

I know I can change DNS now to get the letsencrypt cert, but after 3 months will it auto renew?

Can RSP kindly consider about it?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r
      SSLs do get renewed automatically as long as the domain is hosted with us. For now the domain's that are not using our name servers will not be able to utilize this feature. Hopefully we will release a patch next week so that domains not using our name servers but pointed to our A records will be able to use Let's Encrypt SSLs too.
      HI yav0r

My domain is hosted in RSP, but point the dns to cloudflare, and cloudflare A records back to RSP cloud hosting.
      In this case now can do it or have to wait patch?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post

HI yav0r

My domain is hosted in RSP, but point the dns to cloudflare, and cloudflare A records back to RSP cloud hosting.
        In this case now can do it or have to wait patch?
        Thanks
        Hello.

If you use CloudFlare, you can use their free SSLs. The connection between the site visitors and CloudFlare will be encrypted by the CF SSL. You can add a third-party SSL there only with a paid CloudFlare account, with a free one the only option is to use their free SSL. An SSL installed on the actual server will encrypt the information between CloudFlare and the server, not between the visitors and Cloudflare anyway.
        For the latter, the patch will allow you to use a Let's Encrypt SSL here.

Comment

Originally posted by timsmith View Post

Hello.

If you use CloudFlare, you can use their free SSLs. The connection between the site visitors and CloudFlare will be encrypted by the CF SSL. You can add a third-party SSL there only with a paid CloudFlare account, with a free one the only option is to use their free SSL. An SSL installed on the actual server will encrypt the information between CloudFlare and the server, not between the visitors and Cloudflare anyway.
          For the latter, the patch will allow you to use a Let's Encrypt SSL here.
          Thanks for the info
          I am using their free ssl now
          But I want to choose strict SSL option whereby from RSP to cloudflare also valid and recognized SSL not self signed version
          Look forward the next patch

Comment

SSLs do get renewed automatically as long as the domain is hosted with us. For now the domain's that are not using our name servers will not be able to utilize this feature. Hopefully we will release a patch next week so that domains not using our name servers but pointed to our A records will be able to use Let's Encrypt SSLs too.
            I was just going to ask about that!! Will you let us know when it goes live?

Comment

Hi, any updates on the patch? Thanks

Comment

Patch has been released another one on the way. Here is what has been done and what is still in progress. You can now issue a Let's Encrypt SSLs for domains with "Don't Manage DNS" flag. EXCEPT domains registered in the reseller control panel and hosted into a hosting account via the My stores -> My domains menu. That is still in progress and will be released either today or Monday (fingers crossed).
                Thanks for the update, but I still received this:

A system error has occurred!

If I click "Don't Manage DNS", it will delete my dns record in account, my site will become inaccessible right?

Besides that, how to enable DNSSEC with Cloudflare from RSP?

Thanks

Comment

can you PM me your account username or just open a ticket to my attention.
                  sent

Comment

can you PM me your account username or just open a ticket to my attention.
                    any updates? I already pm you

Comment

The domain was not added with the "don't manage dns" option where it is not using our DNS, this was causing the problem. I am quite surprised it was working in the first place... Anyway the ssl has been issued successfully.
                      Thanks, but when I request for all subdomain, non of it success, all said error. need help. thanks

Comment

It should be fixed globally now, please try again, if you still experience the same issue, simply open a support ticket so we can forward it to the development team.
                        Hi,
                        finally already fixed, enabled for all my subdomains now.

I have already opened a Ticket 1591697 for the DNSSEC, hope your system administrator can help to resolve this, as cloudflare side told me must be done at registrar side.

Comment

yes the records you requested have been created for you.
                          Got it, thanks. Hope RSP can create an option for us to update instead of request your system administrator to do so, since you have millions of customers, your system administrator will be gonna crazy...

Comment

Working...
                          X